Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my 2014 899 battery had to be recharged. The lithium battery died from my alarm going off (dead FOB). The incident occurred when I got a flat tire and conincidently my FOB died. Regardless, I had to get new tires and also relearn the gearing of the bike because I was getting a C, where the gear indicator is located. The bike wouldn't run until I relearn the gearing, apparently. I got my bike fully functional and ready to go but the DQS is not present. I looked in the owner's manual and it states that you must go into ride mode on the bike's settings and turn it on. The problem is there isn't an option for DQS to toggle it on. Is there a way of testing the actual DQS unit to see if that needs to be replaced? Another thought is using The Ducati software program that's free online (MelcoDiag), maybe it will allow me to toggle it on. I'm not sure why it isn't present during the ride mode selection. I'm sure it had to do with the battery dying and having to be recharged.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So, my 2014 899 battery had to be recharged. The lithium battery died from my alarm going off (dead FOB). The incident occurred when I got a flat tire and conincidently my FOB died. Regardless, I had to get new tires and also relearn the gearing of the bike because I was getting a C, where the gear indicator is located. The bike wouldn't run until I relearn the gearing, apparently. I got my bike fully functional and ready to go but the DQS is not present. I looked in the owner's manual and it states that you must go into ride mode on the bike's settings and turn it on. The problem is there isn't an option for DQS to toggle it on. Is there a way of testing the actual DQS unit to see if that needs to be replaced? Another thought is using The Ducati software program that's free online (MelcoDiag), maybe it will allow me to toggle it on. I'm not sure why it isn't present during the ride mode selection. I'm sure it had to do with the battery dying and having to be recharged.
Did you fix this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts