Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

So I just swapped OEM swing arm into a SSSA swing arm. I have to say it is one of the best decisions I have done to my bike. Thanks to alvarop, he help me gather the necessary parts. I have to say it isn't as difficult and expensive you all might think. I paid a little over 1600 for all of the parts but could of gotten cheaper if I went used on certain parts.

If you are thinking about doing this modification to your bike, have no fear. Everything was an exact fitment and had no difficulty installing or removing parts. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me and I'll happily help you.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
That is sick! Can u share with us the list of the required parts for this conversion? How is the ride compared to the original swing arm?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is sick! Can u share with us the list of the required parts for this conversion? How is the ride compared to the original swing arm?
sure thing!

- 1199 swing arm (try to find it assembled so you dont have to look for additional parts
- 1199 front and rear sprocket (I went with an 14/43 but you can go stock 1199 sprockets if you'd like)
- 1199 rear break line (You can go 1199 OEM but I didnt like the fitment so I went with Spiglar custom line 62.5in)
- 1199 rear hugger
- 1199-1299 wheel.

For the most part, it rides great!! I can hardly tell the difference. I do have a 200/60 tire in the rear. Cornering isnt as sharper as the smaller tire but I have a bigger contact patch, plus my suspension is tuned so cornering is pretty good.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Martin Brown you are really trying to get up your 'post count' on here and the 959 forum!

Everything OK?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hi, was there much difference in weight between the stock swingers and the single sided?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts