Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered a magnesium clutch cover and the Ducabike Clear Cover. After the magnesium cover is installed, is the clear cover and spring retainer ready to be installed? Or does the 899 need any other modifications?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since the 1199 has a slipper clutch, does the spring retainer that comes with the Ducabike cover still just bolt on?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have ordered a magnesium clutch cover and the Ducabike Clear Cover. After the magnesium cover is installed, is the clear cover and spring retainer ready to be installed? Or does the 899 need any other modifications?
I just ordered a magnesium clutch cover to do this clear clutch cover upgrade. Does the entire exhaust have to come off in order to get to this cover properly?

Any DIY instructions out there for the magnesium clutch cover upgrade?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I just ordered a magnesium clutch cover to do this clear clutch cover upgrade. Does the entire exhaust have to come off in order to get to this cover properly?

Any DIY instructions out there for the magnesium clutch cover upgrade?
When my dealer installed it on my bike, they removed my exhaust.

Are you replacing your clutch with a slipper while the cover is off?

·
Registered
15 Posts
When my dealer installed it on my bike, they removed my exhaust.

Are you replacing your clutch with a slipper while the cover is off?
Thanks sinjin. That's what I figured.. I should probably just wait until I get the full ti akra exhaust before doing the mag case/cover install as it would probably save me alot of time.

Unfortunately I am not. I didn't want to drop another 1k+ on the slipper clutch. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Thanks sinjin. That's what I figured.. I should probably just wait until I get the full ti akra exhaust before doing the mag case/cover install as it would probably save me alot of time.

Unfortunately I am not. I didn't want to drop another 1k+ on the slipper clutch. Any suggestions?
If I were you, I would consider the Yoyodyne or EVR slipper for around $800. I think it is a vast improvement over the EBC alone. In fact, I prefer having the EBC off so that I can control the effect of the engine braking with the throttle while still having the rear wheel stability... especially if you are prepared to go all out on a full exhaust system.

Admittedly, if you are having the case off, it makes sense to think about it. However, it isn't only cosmetic as you will be shaving some weight off by getting rid of the aluminum and replacing it with the magnesium cover.

Otherwise, I believe Ducabike was supposed to offer some colored accents that might fit the stock clutch.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If I were you, I would consider the Yoyodyne or EVR slipper for around $800. I think it is a vast improvement over the EBC alone. In fact, I prefer having the EBC off so that I can control the effect of the engine braking with the throttle while still having the rear wheel stability... especially if you are prepared to go all out on a full exhaust system.

Admittedly, if you are having the case off, it makes sense to think about it. However, it isn't only cosmetic as you will be shaving some weight off by getting rid of the aluminum and replacing it with the magnesium cover.

Otherwise, I believe Ducabike was supposed to offer some colored accents that might fit the stock clutch.
Thanks for the suggestion! I will definitely consider it before installing the magnesium case and full exhaust. I actually never messed with the EBC control yet as I have usually just rev matched the rpm while downshifting. Care to elaborate on what adjustments you have made with the different modes?

Also do you have any recommendations as to the best place/vendor to purchase the slipper clutch and ducabike colored accents for the stock 899 clutch from?

·
Registered
15 Posts
FYI: I am planning on selling my stock aluminum clutch cover case and will post in the classified section later this week. Anyone have an idea of what they go for used?

They go for ~$724 new from Ducati.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion! I will definitely consider it before installing the magnesium case and full exhaust. I actually never messed with the EBC control yet as I have usually just rev matched the rpm while downshifting. Care to elaborate on what adjustments you have made with the different modes?

Also do you have any recommendations as to the best place/vendor to purchase the slipper clutch and ducabike colored accents for the stock 899 clutch from?
I put my bike in Race mode soon after the first service and have kept it there along with all the default race settings.

My Nismo has the 6 six speed manual with the rev matching blipping feature to eliminate engine braking and while it was neat the first hundred miles or so, it soon became a nuisance. I prefer to control the throttle myself...

I am not sure about the clutch accents, but you will not need them if you go with a slipper, of course.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts