Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
DTC should be set on L1 with race tires, or L2 with the stock tires on the track. Any higher than that an you're just forcing the system to cut in more than it needs to. It's not any "safer" and there's no benefit on the track to having it set higher than that, other than you can see it cutting in more often. Here's what the DTC interaction SHOULD look like with it set up properly, this is on L1 with Bridgestone slicks. When the DTC bar is just starting to come on in the first 1/3 of the bar width, the system is just sort of "preparing" to do something but it's not really cutting the power at that point, only when the bar gets about half way across the width then it's starting to retard the ignition timing just a bit. It never at any point gets over the right 1/3 of the bar width where it would start cutting fuel. The idea with DTC is that it will prevent "excess" wheelspin on the track, which is detrimental to your rear tire wear and in extreme cases can be a safety issue. Small amounts of wheelspin are very normal and necessary to generate the maximum forward thrust under control. If a tire gripped perfectly and never slipped at all, it would actually not work very well because it would overload the chassis and the bike would feel very unstable. Kind of counterintuitive, but that's how it really works. This applies only to track use where you want the maximum drive. For the street, sure turn it up higher and enjoy the higher level of security since traction conditions can be vastly inconsistent.

TrackAddix MPH 6 22 14 - YouTube

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
was the sound messed up? that didn't sound very much like an 899...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have just experienced this power issue and thought the bike had an issue. I also only experience this when coming hard on the throttle. Just reached out to the dealer today. I will check my settings. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
16 Posts
After looking at your dash and the DTC set to 6, I knew right away your problem with the power loss was coming from that. I turned mine off. I have my EBC at 2 and the ABS at 1. Don't be intimidated by turning off the DTC, especially the way you are coming out of corners. If you were really getting on the gas super early with the bike leaned way over. I do about 70 to 80 track days a year.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts