Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
jarel: your "ultimate solution" sounds pretty awesome! is this a Ducati product or from another supplier(s)? the portability is important to me as i have many bikes. when will it be available?
thx

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
jarel: your "ultimate solution" sounds pretty awesome! is this a Ducati product or from another supplier(s)? the portability is important to me as i have many bikes. when will it be available?
thx
Should be pretty cool, I can't wait to try it out and get some really professional videos to use for our track school! It's AIM out of Italy who makes the components, they do a lot of the professional motorsports camera and data stuff that you see on TV. Should have something in the next month hopefully.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I've been using the DDA+ GPS kit at both of the track days I've done so far this year, and I must say it's proving very valuable!

Here's an example of the kind of analysis you can do with it, below are two laps from the same track (Mid-America Motorplex) one lap on my 1199 from two years ago and a lap from last Monday on my 899. See if you can tell which lap is which! Also, if you look closely at the Speed chart at the top of the screen, you can derive several interesting pieces of information from it! ;) At the bottom you can see the DTC chart showing where the traction control was kicking in, and by how much, which is also valuable to know.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think the blue line is the 1199. Here is a screen shot with GPS from Texas world speedway. Please no comments on my slow time :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
My DDA + has arrived at the dealer. Picking up on Saturday and if I can figure out the installation will be running at Silverstone on Monday. :cool:

·
Registered
793 Posts
I'd guess red with all the DTC activity.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Ha ha! Well, here's the secret, I had DTC turned off on the 1199 because it didn't work with the tires I had! ;)
Now you tell me.;)

How did the lap times compare?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Now you tell me.;)

How did the lap times compare?
Still kind of irrelevant until I get the forks set up correctly, I have to brake a lot earlier and softer than I did on the 1199 right now. I think the best I ran on the 899 so far was 1:45 whereas the fastest I ever went on the 1199 was 1:40. I did a couple 1:39's on my old 848 race bike, which is what my real target is for the 899 after I get it set up.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Still kind of irrelevant until I get the forks set up correctly, I have to brake a lot earlier and softer than I did on the 1199 right now. I think the best I ran on the 899 so far was 1:45 whereas the fastest I ever went on the 1199 was 1:40. I did a couple 1:39's on my old 848 race bike, which is what my real target is for the 899 after I get it set up.
Says a lot a about the 848. What's the potential for the 899 to better the 848 times?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Says a lot a about the 848. What's the potential for the 899 to better the 848 times?
If it was the same time on the same track, I have little doubt the 899 will be faster once I get it all set up and get more seat time on it. The best time I ran on the 848 at that track was 4 years ago when the track was in better condition, so if I do run the same time on the 899 it would actually be quite a bit better. And that 848 had a built race engine in it, putting out about 130 HP at the wheel, so it's really about the same as the 899 as far as power. It also had full Ohlins forks, racing reduced-offset triple clamps, flat-rate rear linkage and Ohlins TTX rear shock, full Brembo racing brake setup, etc. But it didn't have any electronics on it, they didn't exist yet at that point. I probably weighed 10 lbs. less back then as well, so I guess it's a good thing the 899 is lighter! ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've been using the DDA+ GPS kit at both of the track days I've done so far this year, and I must say it's proving very valuable!

Here's an example of the kind of analysis you can do with it, below are two laps from the same track (Mid-America Motorplex) one lap on my 1199 from two years ago and a lap from last Monday on my 899. See if you can tell which lap is which! Also, if you look closely at the Speed chart at the top of the screen, you can derive several interesting pieces of information from it! ;) At the bottom you can see the DTC chart showing where the traction control was kicking in, and by how much, which is also valuable to know.
Right. DDA+ collected. Trying to install. Stuck with the upper nose/headlamp cowling. All panels around it off. Can't see any screws to release the nose cone?
Any advice guys? Photo would be great.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I know what you mean. The forks and brakes were really holding me back too. :D

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
DDA software works on MAC or Windows, there are two different installs you can download. As far as Windows I know it runs on Windows XP/Vista/7, not sure about 8, haven't tried it since I refuse to use Windows 8. I use it on my Macbook Pro with OS-X Mountain Lion and it works pretty well, only crashes occasionally.

·
Registered
71 Posts
DDA software works on MAC or Windows, there are two different installs you can download. As far as Windows I know it runs on Windows XP/Vista/7, not sure about 8, haven't tried it since I refuse to use Windows 8. I use it on my Macbook Pro with OS-X Mountain Lion and it works pretty well, only crashes occasionally.
Thanks for that info. Do you have the link to download for a Windows application? Appreciate your advice and help. :cool:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Thanks for that info. Do you have the link to download for a Windows application? Appreciate your advice and help. :cool:
If you have the DDA, you can create an account on the Prosa web site at DDA.Prosa.com and go to the Downloads page and download them from there. You need the software key# from your DDA to create the account.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts