Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Recently I swapped my 848evo for a 899 panigale. On my 848 I used a black DDA stick for recording. Does anyone know if it is possible to use this black DDA stick or do I need to buy and install the DDA+ kit with the GPS function. Also, I noticed that in the setup menu, the option "DDA" is not present on my 899. Is this because I do not have the DDA+ kit mounted on my bike?
Thanks...

Maarten
The Netherlands

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
My understanding is the red ones for new newer bikes have a different protocol and can't be used interchangeably with the older black ones. I haven't tried it, so can't say definitively but that's what I was told at one point.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks for your input, too bad I can't use the black dongle....now I have to contemplate if I want to spent the 450 euro's for the red DDA+ gadget... ;-)

@devill66, dank voor de input, gebruik jij de DDA+ functie? Zo ja, kun je wat vertellen over je bevindingen? Bij voorbaat dank!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Many thanks for your input, too bad I can't use the black dongle....now I have to contemplate if I want to spent the 450 euro's for the red DDA+ gadget... ;-)

@devill66, dank voor de input, gebruik jij de DDA+ functie? Zo ja, kun je wat vertellen over je bevindingen? Bij voorbaat dank!
Nope, i use the gps sensor only. DDA is nice but no use for me. With the laptop looking at where i braked and stuff is just a gadget. Got hold of a gps sensor only from a damaged tricolore 1199. Tryed the gps today at track Zolder Belgium and worked great. Look at the times on the finish, no furder need for info :). Needs just one bleep and the gps does the rest. Really great!!

·
Registered
793 Posts
I used the DDA system at the track this weekend. The software takes the data and draws a map of the track. It records a number a parameters useful in evaluating lap performance. For example, it will tell you at any point on the map what your speed was. You can evaluate corner entry speed, mid corner speed and corner exit speed. Change up your line or the aggressiveness of riding style and see if it results in better performance. It really is a cool tool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.