Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heyy all, so it's been 2 days and roughly 200 kms since I've replaced the previously busted fork seals on my 899. I noticed small marks already on the seals but no evident leaks as of yet. Is the a cause for major concern? Also given the fact that fork seal replacements are a pain in the butt I hope not to do it again so soon. (Seals are non OEM) (Marks have appeared on both the fork seals).

·
Registered
42 Posts
It could be simply some oil/grease trapped between the oil seals and the dust seals, making its way past the dust seals... clean it up and see if it comes back. If it does, consistently, then you might have damaged the seals during installation. As for using non-OEM seals, nothing wrong with that if you're going for good quality items. I recently did the seals on my 899, and went for SKF, which are known for being very good, better than OEM.

·
Registered
119 Posts
It could be simply some oil/grease trapped between the oil seals and the dust seals, making its way past the dust seals... clean it up and see if it comes back. If it does, consistently, then you might have damaged the seals during installation. As for using non-OEM seals, nothing wrong with that if you're going for good quality items. I recently did the seals on my 899, and went for SKF, which are known for being very good, better than OEM.
Agreed, wipe it down and keep an eye on it. If it continues you’ll need to either live with it until it gets bad or redo them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts