Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Video link works on my computer? If you don't care, for those interested, text me a request on my cell phone and I'll be happy to text you a short video sound clip of idle/revs at 706-455-9453.

William was the OP who originally had the pipes made, he sold them to Whiteout34 and I bought the pipes from him. Home made the molds and CF heat shields for me. I still have the molds and can make more molds if William could get the name of the shop and contact info to make more pipes. If the shop could make more pipes, I would gladly loan them the molds to make more CF heat shields for others.

I never got around to making any flyby videos... but when the weather gets better shortly, I will do that.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I sent william a PM, but he's MIA... he's only made 35 posts on this board, most of the posts were in this thread, but his last post was August 2015. I also contacted another member who made a post where william commented that he's in Irvine, CA to hook up for a ride. Maybe that other member hooked up and rode with him and knows his contact info? I wonder if his last name is "Good" as his handle here is williamgood2? Maybe try looking him up on facebook?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Ducati fam! Just wanted to update everyone with the custom exhaust for the 899s! Sorry for the long delay, I recently had a baby. Now that he’s 1 1/2 I have a great assistant in the garage.

The final exhaust will be made from 304 stainless steel, tig welded and fully back purged. This was only built for a mock-up and for jigging purposes, so the final exhaust system will not have pie cuts. I’ll post new pictures of the revised exhaust soon....

·
Registered
692 Posts
Do you have side pics of that exhaust? The main thing that drew me into the original exhaust in this thread was the gigantic pipe, complete with slash-cut so when viewed from the side, it was a big oval.

Also, are there heat shields fabbed up for purchase?

Also: some of us like the pie cuts!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Do you have side pics of that exhaust? The main thing that drew me into the original exhaust in this thread was the gigantic pipe, complete with slash-cut so when viewed from the side, it was a big oval.

Also, are there heat shields fabbed up for purchase?

Also: some of us like the pie cuts!
x2!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sorry for the late post guys! I’ll be back in town this week so I’ll have more pics and a quick sound clip this weekend. Until then .... Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Very Nice Alpha!!!

I've been busy too! My daughter is 13 months old now. My wife is 6 years younger than my ex, and I'm still dealing with my crazy ass ex wife 6 years after our split, some real Jerry Spinger $hit here!

Anyways, My pipes don't have as many bends/welds as yours, but look very similar... supposedly the pipes I got from Whiteout who got them from William were made by a L.A. company that does exhausts for Ferrari's/etc... my pipes are bitchin; loud as I assume yours are.

What are you doing for heat shields?

·
Registered
830 Posts
LOL, my wife was in bed, I was up late looking at this post and playing some of my old videos... she got up out of bed hearing the exhaust note through the computer speakers thinking someone was breaking in!!! She's a sound sleeper, my exhaust wakes the dead!!! LOL... sorry honey!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here it is, the solution to those of you that like the look of the Austin racing exhaust, but hate the single exit, and maybe don't like the company ;-)

More pictures to come, I'm painting the fairing plates as I type.
Here it is, the solution to those of you that like the look of the Austin racing exhaust, but hate the single exit, and maybe don't like the company ;-)

More pictures to come, I'm painting the fairing plates as I type.
How can i purchase one?

61 - 74 of 74 Posts