Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
LOL, if william can get his shop to crank out the metal pipes, I can supply the molds for CF.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey guys .... I'll be fabbing up something like this for my bike in a week or so. If you guys are interested, I can jig it up and crank some out for who ever wants one?

·
Registered
830 Posts
ALPHA, what are your plans for heat shields? Without the heat shields the bike definitely looks naked like its missing something. If you go the route of using the OEM aluminum outer shell as the 80% base for the heat shields and weld an extension on the end over the exhaust port, you'll prob have the same issues I had with the welds cracking. Each heat shield really needs to be one solid piece, whether stainless, aluminum, or carbon fiber.

If you want to borrow my molds to make some heat shields out of carbon fiber, you're welcome too... If you want to use my molds, I'd recommend you fab the heat shields first so you know how to line up the pipe exhaust port exit angle? The pipes don't have to be perfect, just close, because the shields are held in place by a couple small M6 bolts/nuts, so depending on where you drill the holes in the shields for mounting, you do have a little wiggle room for adjusting them to line up correctly with the exhaust port opening.

Keep in mind, regardless of what you do... with open pipes, you may need to dyno the bike to get it to start as there may not be enough back pressure to get it to start and run properly, that's the problem I ran into.

·
Registered
261 Posts
ALPHA, what are your plans for heat shields? Without the heat shields the bike definitely looks naked like its missing something. If you go the route of using the OEM aluminum outer shell as the 80% base for the heat shields and weld an extension on the end over the exhaust port, you'll prob have the same issues I had with the welds cracking. Each heat shield really needs to be one solid piece, whether stainless, aluminum, or carbon fiber.

If you want to borrow my molds to make some heat shields out of carbon fiber, you're welcome too... If you want to use my molds, I'd recommend you fab the heat shields first so you know how to line up the pipe exhaust port exit angle? The pipes don't have to be perfect, just close, because the shields are held in place by a couple small M6 bolts/nuts, so depending on where you drill the holes in the shields for mounting, you do have a little wiggle room for adjusting them to line up correctly with the exhaust port opening.

Keep in mind, regardless of what you do... with open pipes, you may need to dyno the bike to get it to start as there may not be enough back pressure to get it to start and run properly, that's the problem I ran into.
Mark,

Did you have a Termi up map installed prior or the stock mapping? Wondering if my Termi map will allow this system to run.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Fireman,

I had the stock OEM map on my bike... I've never uploaded a new map.

When I had the dealership install the pipes, they also installed a power commander and dyno'd the bike (I also do NOT have a high flow air filter)... I don't know if the Power Commander V has a map, or how it works, I just know they installed it and dyno'd it. They did about 50 runs on my bike and gained me 7hp in the process. I really don't care about hp gains, that was just a bonus, I just wanted the bike to start and run reliably.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Fireman,

I had the stock OEM map on my bike... I've never uploaded a new map.

When I had the dealership install the pipes, they also installed a power commander and dyno'd the bike (I also do NOT have a high flow air filter)... I don't know if the Power Commander V has a map, or how it works, I just know they installed it and dyno'd it. They did about 50 runs on my bike and gained me 7hp in the process. I really don't care about hp gains, that was just a bonus, I just wanted the bike to start and run reliably.
Copy that! I wished you loved closer. I'd film some high quality video/audio of your exhaust!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Just noticed your Avatar, love it... I may have to get a custom plate now! "FULTUK". lol

·
Registered
185 Posts
Where did the video go to? I was wanting to check these again and its been removed.

·
Registered
830 Posts
This is a short video before the CF plates and decals on the bike:

41 - 60 of 74 Posts