Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys... Just picked up some BEAUTIFUL clutch and brake levers from CRG. Full carbon handles! Can't wait to get these on my bike this weekend... I'll post some pic's once they are on. Here are a few pic's before they are installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oh wow! They are georgeous! I want some of those. Cant wait to see you post it installed on your bike.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know what is next on my list...it actually matches the OEM Matte Carbon Finish.

Hey justducs are they shorter or equal length to the OEM ones?

They are just a little shorter. Maybe about 3/4" or so... but not much.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I saw these on pure-ducati.com for $250 a set. You can choose standard or shorty lengths.

I looked them up when someone posted pics of some ASV shorty levers installed on their bike.

I much prefer the look of the CRG in carbon fiber, however I would be curious to know how adjustable they are.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are a few photos installed. So far I am liking them. I need to try to adjust them a little more.... I like having the lever very close to the bar... and in the photos you can see it is still a little far away. I have it maxed out at the minimum adjustment and it is still a little far for my liking. They can be adjusted more... just not on the fly.

They look great! The matte finish is beautiful and the red accents look nice with the bike. They are also very comfortable on the hand. I highly reccomend. With tax and everything i paid $300 out the door. Sounds like $250 is a good deal!

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
will you do a comparison of weight to stock? every ounce counts!

I dont have a precision scale and these things are so light as a whole... they don't get a great reading on a regular scale. I just weighted the stock ones and they come in around .4 or .5 pound together. The carbon ones "Feel" like they weight about half the weight... but didn't register well on my scale.

I can't imagine i'm saving a whole **** of a lot of weight.. but they sure look pretty and feel nice!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
These are awesome ! Installed pics pls! How much did you get them for ? It's an individual set right ?

I got them at $150 each out the door / $300 for the set. An above post says they found them for $250 set.

I walked into Beverly Hills Ducati and bought them out of the display. It was sort of an impulse purchase. I know i could have found them cheaper... but i just wanted them and the guy gave me a little discount so that was good enough for me.

Reactions: jumpman

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do you see anyway to remove the decals on them? I think they are great but I don't like decals or logos on any aftermarket parts I buy...
No... I don't think you would be able to get them off. They appear to be maybe screened on or something

·
Registered
165 Posts
Do you see anyway to remove the decals on them? I think they are great but I don't like decals or logos on any aftermarket parts I buy...
I agree. I am ok with the ASV's, which is what i just ordered, but that looks like a ton of decal covering up that beautiful carbon. I would sell my ASV's and get these if I knew that the decals weren't under a layer of clear, or in the mold resin for the carbon

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks great! How hard was the install?
I didn't put them on myself. The dealer did. I opened the box to a HUGE page of Warning about improper installation. It sort of worried me.... so for a few bucks i let the professionals install them. I have heard it is simple as a screw...and i would consider myself very mechanically inclinded... but i wanted to make sure they were adjusted properly and i had never done it... so i went with piece of mind and let the dealer do it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
looks great!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I agree. I am ok with the ASV's, which is what i just ordered, but that looks like a ton of decal covering up that beautiful carbon. I would sell my ASV's and get these if I knew that the decals weren't under a layer of clear, or in the mold resin for the carbon
Where did you buy your ASV's? I've been looking for one but I can't find an online store that shows it's for the 899 Panigale. Most are for the 1199. Are they the same for both models? Thanks!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.