Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nope, no need for a heat shield near the brake reservoir. There's enough wind action to push the heat away- which is another reason why I removed the subframe cover, plus I like the look of the trellis subframe. The piping is already starting to Amber with warm up too- but can be removed with buffing compound. Also to note: the color difference when you do buff it back to stainless-that all blends back to Amber with heat- so no weird looks.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
woah, you're gonna get burnt!!

that subframe is gonna get hot as **** from the heat conducted from the cylinder head!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Price of $390 can't be kept any longer - $450 plus shipping now

·
Registered
305 Posts
Phil does good work- so here's his work and some of mine. I've decided to polish my exhaust and headers to a close-to-mirror finish. I went through the steps of 800,1000,1200,1500,2000, rough cut compound, and fine cut compound. I then painted what I couldn't get my buffer to with VHT Hi-Temp Header paint, and then Cerakoted the heatshield sleeves to Tungsten - All Hi-Temp rated. I did this because I don't believe in a 3K + Exhaust system with marginal gains.

Just wondering how this finish held u over time. Got any recent pics?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Received my exhaust for my 899 from Phil who was an absolute pleasure to deal with. I asked for insane loud/top leveland it is LOUD! This thing sounds like absolute violence and that's an understatement. No video you'll ever see comes anywhere close to doing justice to the sound, none. You have to hear it in person to believe it. Highly recommended and worth every penny.

Cheers Phil!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Received my exhaust for my 899 from Phil who was an absolute pleasure to deal with. I asked for insane loud/top leveland it is LOUD! This thing sounds like absolute violence and that's an understatement. No video you'll ever see comes anywhere close to doing justice to the sound, none. You have to hear it in person to believe it. Highly recommended and worth every penny.

Cheers Phil!
Likewise! I always laugh like a maniac when I hear my exhaust -- and like you said no video will ever do it justice. It's just an absolute beast in person!

·
Registered
8 Posts

Cheers Phil!
Sick vid! Now that you have lived with this for a few months... still happy w/the insane loud option or would you mind the one step down "very loud" exhaust? I see your in LA.. me too :) canyons/trackdays probably cool but how about suburbs/around town, PCH/Malibu, etc. any problem w/cops so far?

·
Registered
830 Posts
spdu, I had one step down from insane loud and as an after thought wished I'd have gone with insane loud... I now have straight pipes on my 899 which are beyond insane... for long trips, I do wear ear plugs, but putzing around town, no plugs... it was a little too loud I thought at first but I am now used to it, or maybe I'm losing my hearing lol.

Go with insane loud, you won't regret it...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Install complete, insane/motogp loud option, and all I can say WOW! Startup = something I can only describe as deep machine gun fire :) Not major louder than stock, just way more angry. At low rpm’s around town I’m happy to say it’s loud but manageable. I actually rode right past a motorcycle cop w/NO problems. But in the higher RPMs.. holy ****, this exhaust sounds ferocious AF!! And the pops and crackle sound like gun shots! LOL.. scared the **** outta me first time haha.. Also feeling BIG performance gains. This + Sprint P08 filter and she pulls like a demon now! Bottom line: best $450 I have put in to the bike.. hands down! Thanks Phil!

Have not seen any pics of exhaust actually installed in this thread so here's a few shots for example. Looks badass in person!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sick vid! Now that you have lived with this for a few months... still happy w/the insane loud option or would you mind the one step down "very loud" exhaust? I see your in LA.. me too :) canyons/trackdays probably cool but how about suburbs/around town, PCH/Malibu, etc. any problem w/cops so far?
Sorry for the late reply.

Drove it from Ducati Westlake down the 405. I was excited to pick the bike up and forgot to bring headphones/earplugs. My first mistake resulted in ringing ears for a day, highway wind noise a big contributing factory. With headphones in (music playing lightly or not playing) it's perfect. I went for the full beans exhaust as I was curious. Very glad I didn't go for anything less.

So far I've taken the bike to SD and ride it almost every day as it gets me around town quickly. Rarely take the cars our unless the situation demands it. Averaging 1,000 miles a month which is 90% city driving.

Have driven up to and overtaken the boys in blue, no problems thus far (clutch in and clip it up a few gears out of respect and just to be sure). Not the best time to make the flames pop either ;)

·
Registered
830 Posts
Man, I must be losing my hearing at 50? I had cored exhausts and the sound was great and very manageable... now I'm running custom open pipes with no baffles/mufflers at all, the sound is insanely loud... I wear ear plugs for long rides, but short rides... I dunno, something maybe I'm getting used to or suffering more hearing loss... I never have any ringing ears or headaches, lol.

Onboardmega, what pegs are you using? I'm looking for new pegs now and really like yours!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Man, I must be losing my hearing at 50? I had cored exhausts and the sound was great and very manageable... now I'm running custom open pipes with no baffles/mufflers at all, the sound is insanely loud... I wear ear plugs for long rides, but short rides... I dunno, something maybe I'm getting used to or suffering more hearing loss... I never have any ringing ears or headaches, lol.

Onboardmega, what pegs are you using? I'm looking for new pegs now and really like yours!
The pegs are from Rizoma. I have the same ones in gold. MUCH better than stock! PICS in my signature link.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Yep, as mentioned these Rizoma pegs look/feel way better! Pretty much best ROI upgrade you can get. I think I got mine here https://www.motovationusa.com/rizoma-b-pro-round-racing-footpegs-pe630.html#SKU-PE630

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys can anyone point me in the direction to core Exhaust in Sydney Australia?
Might be able to help you out shortly JimJam, I'm from Sydney and am heading down the coring rabbit hole.

Just did my first 2 sets, waiting for the outers to come back from the powdercoaters in heat proof black.

*forum wont let me post pictures yet

21 - 38 of 38 Posts