Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted a stand that I could use to both move the bike easily and also perform any maintenance and removing both the front and rear wheels.

I stumbled upon the ConStands center lift stand, which can come with 899 attachments, which importantly, do not require any changes to the body work.

You can see a video of it in operation here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddiWbuc1jFQ (not my video)

I received the stand today and it took about 45 minutes to put together and setup. The stand itself is quite heavy (which is a good thing, I guess) and putting it together is a breeze. You just have to install the roller wheels (make sure you put the stopper wheels on the front) and the handle.

As for the bike specific bracket, it was a little fiddly to install, but not impossible. The one of the two allen head bolts that you have to remove is quite tricky to access as it is right behind a bracket.

I had/have a slight issue with one of the connection points. It is incredibly tight fit, which means you almost need to hammer it into place when connecting the bike to the stand. This isn't a problem until you try and remove the stand, which requires a little bit of persuading. Adding some WD40 helps the process, but it is definitely not as easy as the video posted above. I'm guessing this will just become looser over time. I also could probably sand it down a little.

It's also probably good to note that you need to put the side stand up before attaching the stand. Understandable, but a little annoying.

As for the parts connected to the bike, I thought it may interfere with your foot, but it does not appear to. So that's good.

Overall, a pretty good solution. Very stable with the bike lifted right up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
so those bolts stay on all the time...
do you find that your legs hits the one in the rear when putting your leg down at stops? it looks like it was scrape up your leg since it's not a chamfered end like the other.

how much was this too?
I'd really like to get a stand like this since my front stand doesn't work that well with the Pani, but the prices are usually just too much to justify when I already have conventional stands

·
Registered
830 Posts
311 Euros, that's about 336 U$

·
Registered
830 Posts
Last year Advrider.com was getting a group by April 2014... They said for 10 orders price was $400 shipped to your door, $390 for 20 orders... That seems to be more in line with the 359 Euro price... That's a heavy piece of metal to ship, prob 30-40 bucks to ship from Germany?

I'd bet we could get a group buy $350 US shipped to our door with their current reduced price?

·
Registered
830 Posts
I'd be down for one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Can't make my mind up. I like the idea of storing the bike like this. My only worry is if it breaks and the bike can't fall on its stand.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I wanted a stand that I could use to both move the bike easily and also perform any maintenance and removing both the front and rear wheels.

I stumbled upon the ConStands center lift stand, which can come with 899 attachments, which importantly, do not require any changes to the body work.

You can see a video of it in operation here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddiWbuc1jFQ (not my video)

I received the stand today and it took about 45 minutes to put together and setup. The stand itself is quite heavy (which is a good thing, I guess) and putting it together is a breeze. You just have to install the roller wheels (make sure you put the stopper wheels on the front) and the handle.

As for the bike specific bracket, it was a little fiddly to install, but not impossible. The one of the two allen head bolts that you have to remove is quite tricky to access as it is right behind a bracket.

I had/have a slight issue with one of the connection points. It is incredibly tight fit, which means you almost need to hammer it into place when connecting the bike to the stand. This isn't a problem until you try and remove the stand, which requires a little bit of persuading. Adding some WD40 helps the process, but it is definitely not as easy as the video posted above. I'm guessing this will just become looser over time. I also could probably sand it down a little.

It's also probably good to note that you need to put the side stand up before attaching the stand. Understandable, but a little annoying.

As for the parts connected to the bike, I thought it may interfere with your foot, but it does not appear to. So that's good.

Overall, a pretty good solution. Very stable with the bike lifted right up.
Rdougan, did that tight connection point get any better over time? Did you end up sanding it down?

·
Registered
64 Posts
So I wound up buying the constand and I love it! One thing to note is that it won't work with frame sliders so iyou'll have to take the left side off if you have one. Otherwise its brilliant, slides on and off easily, and makes regular track stands seem dated. Another good feature is that it folds up so you can take it with you on track days, and transports easily. Let me know if you ghys have any questions.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts