Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
Steve from Conquest Carbon has sent me photos of his completed 1199 project.

He has kindly allowed me to share.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
i wonder how much for that full carbon setup..that tank must cost a lot of dough

·
Registered
723 Posts
Looks OK but the combination of glossy and matte carbon looks terrible and kills it :( They need to pick one or the other.

Too bad they couldn't make a real CF swing arm instead of just a cover. That prolly would only work for the 899 DSSA though (hint hint).

Also how do they seal the inside of the tank so it doesn't have bubble and deformation issues like the previous gen Ducatis did?

He needs to get the 899 seat on it instead of that slippery 1199 seat. Did they forget the strip between the tank and fairings?

Why not CF mirrors? Does it have CF handle bar tubes? Those don't look like carbon wheels either.

Did they publish the before and after weight?

...I'm just saying because they are calling it "full carbon"...

·
Registered
336 Posts
The quality of the carbon and fit looks great!. I sorta like the mixture of matt and gloss. It actually works quite well (i don't like overly glossy bikes), but he is missing a fair amount of carbon, like 92GTA said. Including the cover for the rear shock.

Personally i'm not a fan of full carbon bikes.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sounds weird but I like carbon bikes when they are painted! Like the late 748R and 999R. The lettering on the red fairing is just picked out in the carbon and looks subtle but lets you know the bike is really special under there.

Jap4 performance in the UK do a full carbon body kit at £1699 (matte or gloss) and a tank at £1250 (gloss only I think). So you are looking at the best part of £3K UK sterling without any paint. :eek:

But you could build one lovely cool bike :cool:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Monty,

Just curious and not that it matters much, but do you know if they started off with a base, S, or R?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
That makes sense since there is already plenty of factory carbon on the R. However, it is unfortunate that it is missing out on the engine upgrades.

Sweet looking bike. I would love to see it in person to get a sense of the texture of the CF. The contrast between the matte and gloss probably isn't getting any justice from the camera lens.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Apparently about £15,000 all in. The tank is not a cover but an actual tank. Its £1900 on their site.

Just added ALL 47 of "FULLSIX" Carbon parts Catalogue to the Basket including the £1900 tank and it all came to a total of,

£9096,25 + £1,819.25(UK VAT(20%)) = £10,915.50.

OMFG!!!!!!!

That's Just with the standard seat panel setup. Now, if you wanted the Full one piece Carbon seat unit, the price will go up quite abit again.

So,
New 1199S+Termi system = £22,500ish + £10,915.50 in Carbon.

TOTAL = £33,484.50..............

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just added ALL 47 of "FULLSIX" Carbon parts Catalogue to the Basket including the £1900 tank and it all came to a total of,

£9096,25 + £1,819.25(UK VAT(20%)) = £10,915.50.

OMFG!!!!!!!

That's Just with the standard seat panel setup. Now, if you wanted the Full one piece Carbon seat unit, the price will go up quite abit again.

So,
New 1199S+Termi system = £22,500ish + £10,915.50 in Carbon.

TOTAL = £33,484.50..............
yes....but its his company so i assume he can write it off against tax. He told me it was £15,000 in total.

What I have ordered - all in satin:
Undertail carbon tray
rear hugger
ignition surround
heel plates
red evotech filler cap
suspension cover
FullSix seat air intakes

I have not done exhaust cover as heat discolours carbon over time. He has wrapped his whole exhaust system with this stuff (link below) which apparently does help by reducing the heat output and can boost performance by a smidge (not sure how)

Titanium Exhaust Wrap with LR Technology 010128 | Purchase DEI, CryO2, Ny-Trex, Boom Mat & SPA Turbo Products | Design Engineering, Inc. - Thermal Performance Products

I am in no way affiliated with this company but Steve used to live in HK and china so have become quite good 'chums' lately.......a bromance in the making!
He is very honest and helpful and a couple of other guys who have purchased off him have been very satisfied with product and service. He prides himself on his customer service.
All parts made in EU and the FullSix product produced in Slovenia - which I can guarantee will be better than China.

Even though my parts delivery have been help up by Evotech as they are having to do a special make of my filler cap, he has kept me updated with progress. There is no hurry on my part, so no issue.

See his Facebook page as he is offering a 10% discount on all performance parts!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Conquest-Carbon/127878420702378

·
Registered
34 Posts
His and there stuff looks best I have seen, especially the "FULLSIX" Carbon Fuel tanks.

I was just pointing out the cost for someone else to do it.

I am sure if someone did buy all the 47 items they would get a better and higher discount on the total costs??

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
His and there stuff looks best I have seen, especially the "FULLSIX" Carbon Fuel tanks.

I was just pointing out the cost for someone else to do it.

I am sure if someone did buy all the 47 items they would get a better and higher discount on the total costs??
Everyone is always open to bulk order discount. I cannot comment on their behalf. Its is a bit much for an everyday bike but this is likely used as a marketing tool. It certainly is impressive.
Especially the bad experience Mini Bus had with DP parts.

http://www.899panigale.org/forum/899-aftermarket-parts-accessories/4521-carbon-parts-3.html

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.