Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I want to upgrade my headlights so they are white instead of that stock yellow color.

I heard that these will work and are easy to install but I also heard that they are not that white and they are not as bright as stock headlights.

I keep seeing LED bulbs and HID bulbs, and I also read of people buying 1199 headlight assemblys for their 899.

So I am confused; Do LED / HID bulbs need a conversion kit to work? If they are better why do people still buy the phillips bulb or the 1199 headlight assembly?

·
Registered
22 Posts
You can install led bulbs onto headlight housing. You just need to find bulbs with that would fit. The phillips are the easiet alternative , but they’re not as bright as leds. The clearance for the high beams for anything other than the standard halogens is little to none.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I had LED low-beam bulbs and upgraded to the 1199 LED headlight maybe a year later. 1199 LED headlight is DESIGNED to have the LEDs in it, the spread of light is 10x (probably more honestly) better than just sticking a LED bulb in the OEM 899 reflector housing.

I bought a spare one to mess with and put turn signals in and never did. If you want an 1199 LED headlight, shoot me a message.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, LED/HID needs a conversion kit. Also your stock headlight is not made for this type of bulbs. Easiest way is to install the Philips H11 bulbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3IdEkD7HJc
You can install led bulbs onto headlight housing. You just need to find bulbs with that would fit. The phillips are the easiet alternative , but they’re not as bright as leds. The clearance for the high beams for anything other than the standard halogens is little to none.

Thanks guys! Ended up installing the phillips H11 and I love it.

Although one of the bulbs looks a little askew from the rear-side of the bulb, but I don't think it's noticeable.

Thank you so much!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had LED low-beam bulbs and upgraded to the 1199 LED headlight maybe a year later. 1199 LED headlight is DESIGNED to have the LEDs in it, the spread of light is 10x (probably more honestly) better than just sticking a LED bulb in the OEM 899 reflector housing.

I bought a spare one to mess with and put turn signals in and never did. If you want an 1199 LED headlight, shoot me a message.
Thank you for the offer! I ended up installing the phillips and so far I like them, but just out of curiosity how much ya charging for the 1199 LED headlight?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts