Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ordered my fender eliminator kit and an integrated taillight from Competition Werkes. Has anyone had any troubles with this set up? Hope everyone can advise while I can still cancel the order if need be

·
Registered
196 Posts
got one on my bike. so far so good. install wasnt too bad. Some people said that it isnt very bright but its brighter than i thought, i still keep a keen eye behind me when im coming to a stop just in case. Best of all really cleans up the look back there.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
I have it. Quality of it is garbage. I'll be changing it soon
That is an understatement. I had it for 1 hour and yanked it. The turn signals are invisible and the brake light is useless. It seems like the brakes are always on, and when you do brake, it is barely any brighter. Frankly it is dangerous and I am shocked they haven't been sued.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I like mine. I find the lights and brake bright enough. The yellow turns could be brighter for the day but still good. Not that cagers here in the Midwest even pay attention anyway.

Install was slightly cumbersome. But still took less than 30 min.

Quality of the construction is ok. Not the best. But not the worst. My only real complaint with that is the glue is not perfect. It's all sealed but it's a bit too sloppy.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
322 Posts
I haven't seen the CW in person but there a lot of people who say that they are dangerously dim both here and on the various 1199 forums. I would imagine if all these people are saying it's too dim then they have some basis of comparison to back up the claim. I was really close to pulling the trigger on it myself at one point but because I did the research, I didn't.

With the other fender eliminator that get glowing reviews I don't know that CW kits are worth risking your safety or the spending of your hard earned money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.