Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm based here in Kuala Lumpur and the local dealer - NAZA - quoted me a price of below RM100,000 (US$31,000) for a 899 in red, and RM120,000 (US$37,200) for the white version. The price difference between the two is due to the red being a Thailand assembled unit, while the white would be imported from Italy. Supposedly Ducati currently only produces the 899 in red in Thailand. Does anyone know whether Ducati plans to build the white version in Thailand, and if yes, when? Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey Turbulences, I have been told by the dealership that so far only reds will be produced. They might have a plan in the future, but none of them has been released just yet. Another thing is the Thai assembled 899 will also be running late as well since the white version are still in production and delivered to customers. I guess that the white verison "might" also be a limited color as well.

I have ordered one red 899 myself. And i was thinking of getting a thai assembled one, but being told this by the dealer i decided to have mine imported instead. I'm hot tempered and i dont have that much patience. The imported 899 will be here by June.

Source: future 899 owner from Thailand

Source:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Normally the CKD (Thailand factory assembled) will go with one colour only. As to the white version CKD we have to wait and see but from the looks of it..chances are 50-50. If sales are good then we will see more chance of it. By far, there are only 2 white units in Malaysia.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I just somehow can't decide on the colour since I actually like the white, but paying an extra usd7k for it... arff
hmmm since its 7k more, i think you should just get the red one and have it custom painted. that way its cheaper and u get the color you like :cool:

·
Registered
165 Posts
seems like it would cost FAR less than $7k just to get the red bike and order all new white fairings + tank from the factory...or source them from people making race bikes:

ducati 899 white fairing | eBay

a quick tally shows buying a complete set of fairings at around $1.6k US, and you'd still need to get the tank in white, but not terrible at all, and you can source your fairings back out to recoup some of that cost.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.