Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
last year i got into a crash and my arm has suffered an injury that in order for me to ride i have to make an adjustment in the force required for the clutch.I have been told that some changes in the parts can help out.Can u please give me more information or personal experience.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Hello,
last year i got into a crash and my arm has suffered an injury that in order for me to ride i have to make an adjustment in the force required for the clutch.I have been told that some changes in the parts can help out.Can u please give me more information or personal experience.
Look into the Oberon clutch slave cylinder. It reduces the amount of pull necessary on the lever.

CNC and Ducabike make similar parts to compare to.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
The general consensus is that it does.

The clutch on the 899 is far different than on the 1199, 959, and 1299. Not only do they have a slipper function, but the design allows for there to be less spring tension required against the clutch plates so there is a lighter pull on the lever. The Oberon slave creates slightly more volume to provide additional mechanical advantage so the pull is more similar to the APTC slipper function clutches.

The estimates are as high as 30% less pull.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Probably late to pitch in, but for the future reference, I installed Oberon slave cylinder. It makes world of difference in the pulling force. Because I commute on my 899, I ride a lot in a traffic, and Oberon slave cylinder made it so bearable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts