Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front wasn't bad, but the rear is covered in grease/chain lube. I used gas on a rag for the black rims on my CBR, but after doing a small test spot with a white rag on the red rim, I noticed it was picking up a little of the color.

Does anyone know of a good way to get that crap off?

·
Registered
15 Posts
There's a product called, "Goo be gone" that you can buy at grocery stores. It cleans the crap off the rear (and front) rim very well.

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
I find that for the rear rim with the all the build up degreaser is your best bet and dilute it in a bottle a part degreaser and 5 part water. Stay away from anything corrosive that would damage the paint. That is what I did for my08' 600rr. After that you should look in to getting some sealant or wax to make it easier to clean off next time around.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Best to get a cleaner that's safe for all surfaces. Might be best to stop by the dealer to see what they have, i bet they have something safe for all surfaces.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the feedback. I'll call the dealer and see what they recommend. I was also told that Simple Green works well.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback. I'll call the dealer and see what they recommend. I was also told that Simple Green works well.
I second that. I use simple green to clean the engine bay in my truck.

·
Registered
145 Posts
normal household polish as in wood polish with wax in it on my rims don't get it on the tire or on the brakes! and once you've got 1 layer on after that its just wipe clean!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
the rims are painted though

simple green might be too harsh

Just head to your local auto store and buy rim cleaner to be honest.. Its safe on mag, aluminum, steel, chrome, paint.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Stopped by the local automotive store, Meguaris, Mothers and the other mainstream brands seem to have a cleaner of their own safe for all finishes.

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
rim cleaner?

I'd be hesitant to use an aggressive chemical on painted rims.
Those over the counter rim cleaners are still aggressive if you do go with that make sure you dilute them too.

·
Registered
332 Posts
the rims are painted though

simple green might be too harsh

Just head to your local auto store and buy rim cleaner to be honest.. Its safe on mag, aluminum, steel, chrome, paint.
My dealer told me that the red rims are powder coated ...that's why the price for the arctic white Duc is with $300 more than the ducati red one ...I don't know if powder coating is better/stronger as finish ?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts