Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fitted a carbon exhaust guard yet?

I am putting in an order to Conquest Carbon and Steve (jolly helpful chap!) has advised that there will be discolouration from the heat. He said he has wrapped his exhaust on his 1199S which helps a bit.

Not sure just to get one and see what happens. £156 experiment though! (even though it will be less as I'll get VAT off for HK)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 1199 one from conquest fits the 899…..big or small one. Steve informed me it goes a 'brown' colour. You can get it ceramic covered inside, i think, but this may be a few ££$$….He wrapped his exhaust and this does help/reduce the effect. I have decided against it for now.
You can speak to Steve via a chat service on their website.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looking for a carbon exhaust guard, I am waiting for a reply from conquest carbon, anybody else know of a quality product they would recommend?
I have my pipes off getting ceramic coated at the moment, anybody ceramic coated there exhaust and have the carbon cover on?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looking for a carbon exhaust guard, I am waiting for a reply from conquest carbon, anybody else know of a quality product they would recommend?
I have my pipes off getting ceramic coated at the moment, anybody ceramic coated there exhaust and have the carbon cover on?
How much for ceramic coating on your pipes?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Now that Angus1609 has bumped up this thread, I might as well add my update - my carbon exhaust shield has started discoloring. It's just on one side and only visible if you shine some light on it, but it's definitely going a little brown. I still like it though! If you guys want a picture of the discoloration, let me know and I'll put one up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.