Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to keep the passenger footpegs. I really like the fully integrated turn signals and want the plate as far back towards the exhaust as possible. What do you guys think? Can't be a diy project must be a kit a dealer can install. That comp werkes deal looks good but I heard you can't use the passenger footpegs. Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am in the process of buying my bike from Ducati Omaha and asked them if this could be done. They said they doubted it, but they would try. Their service manager replied back a couple of days later with this image. I'm not sure if it was able to fit without any modifications, but it can definitely work. You would have to speak with someone over there to find out the details though, as I haven't picked mine up yet. I'm sure they would be willing to speak to you about it. Overall, my experience with the guys over at Ducati Omaha has been an absolute pleasure. They are some of the most professional and customer-oriented folks I have ever dealt with who will bend over backwards for you to ensure you are happy with your purchase. I would recommend them to anyone looking to buy a Ducati or any accessories. JarelJ even traded the black wheels off of his personal track bike so that I could have them on my white 899. A big thanks to everyone over there!

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am in the process of buying my bike from Ducati Omaha and asked them if this could be done. They said they doubted it, but they would try. Their service manager replied back a couple of days later with this image. I'm not sure if it was able to fit without any modifications, but it can definitely work. You would have to speak with someone over there to find out the details though, as I haven't picked mine up yet. I'm sure they would be willing to speak to you about it. Overall, my experience with the guys over at Ducati Omaha has been an absolute pleasure. They are some of the most professional and customer-oriented folks I have ever dealt with who will bend over backwards for you to ensure you are happy with your purchase. I would recommend them to anyone looking to buy a Ducati or any accessories. JarelJ even traded the black wheels off of his personal track bike so that I could have them on my white 899. A big thanks to everyone over there!
Thats exactly what Im looking to do. I really dont want to comprimise. Im getting my first service done tomorrow (wed) and will ask if they can do this. If not, Ill keep searching until I find someone that can. Thanks for the pic Im going to show them.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The Evotech is very nice. The only other one that may come close to the quality is Rizoma, but after owning many Rizoma parts I would chose Evotech for its durability.

Ideally, I would like to get rid of the under tail completely; I would love to put on a swing arm mounted fender/plate holder (like you see on the MVs and Monster).

·
Registered
161 Posts
You may be able to get an engineering firm to mill a small amount off of the peg hangers where they butt up to the frame. This would allow you to sandwich the plate bracket between the subframe and the hangers brackets. This wouldnt work if the plate bracket goes on the front peg mounts but I think it goes on the rear pair. Sounds like a simple job if you have access to a milling machine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.