Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what product or method will remove the burnt on chain grease located on the left side exhaust just under the chain? I have washed with soap as well as wd40 and the burnt on stuff is still there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I used a product called sandflex, its a abrasive impregnated rubber block, works great on brushed metals, just remember to go in the direction of the finish :) you could also try a scotchbrite pad with some cleaner. I find that brake cleaner or chain cleaner also work well with the scothbrite

·
Registered
723 Posts
Brillo pads here, as mentioned, in the direction of the brushed finish. Also it's better to take your time and do it lightly than use more elbow grease and polish too much of the finish trying to clean it faster.

Alex

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have the same issue. Burnt Grease on the exhaust housing below the sprocket. I've tried WD40, degreasers, no joy. It seems to be stained as the metal is quite porous.

but yet to try petrol.

I like to keep my rides clean. So I'm also looking for a fix/cleaning technique for this issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.