·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
i'm not usually too trusting of stuff sold on ebay...but all of the reviews are positive...

Reactions: Karlos

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just read this on their website:

Note: The Ducati Panigale series is using the same temperature sensor for the fuel injection calculations as for the temperature readout in the dashboard. (Most other brands have seperate sensors).
This means that your dashboard display will show 20°C / 35°F lower than actual ambient temperature when you install the BoosterPlug.
There's no way around this, and it's probably not an issue for most people, but we want you to be informed about it.

Not sure what the implications of this are e.g. the thermostat controlling the radiator cooling fan. You might want to check that before you buy.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just read this on their website:

Note: The Ducati Panigale series is using the same temperature sensor for the fuel injection calculations as for the temperature readout in the dashboard. (Most other brands have seperate sensors).
This means that your dashboard display will show 20°C / 35°F lower than actual ambient temperature when you install the BoosterPlug.
There's no way around this, and it's probably not an issue for most people, but we want you to be informed about it.

Not sure what the implications of this are e.g. the thermostat controlling the radiator cooling fan. You might want to check that before you buy.
That's a very good observation! I did not even check their website yet. I will. The temperature indicator is very important to me. And the thermostat is definitely something I do not want to mess with.
Thank you for the reply. My 899 has never given me trouble, and I am not looking for some.

·
Registered
16 Posts
No worries. It may not affect the thermostat as that is probably governed by water temp rather than air temp, thinking about it. Even so, there could be other implications (ice warning for instance - especially here in the UK!) Good luck and post up what you find if you take it further.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No worries. It may not affect the thermostat as that is probably governed by water temp rather than air temp, thinking about it. Even so, there could be other implications (ice warning for instance - especially here in the UK!) Good luck and post up what you find if you take it further.
Thank you.
If I decide to give it a try, I will share share my experience.

Reactions: Joker1199

·
Registered
212 Posts
reviving an 'ancient' thread.

hadn't really heard of booster plugs.

i also have a 2017 scrambler cafe. on the scrambler forum, someone was selling one used on the cheap ($75) read up on what it was, figured i'd give it a try.

install on the scrambler was easy. took it for a test ride. when I got home I immediately ordered one for my 899.

it's very simple in what it does. it tricks the ECU into thinking it's 35-40 degrees (F) cooler than it is. that's all. richens the fueling

the ambient temperature gauge shows the lower temp.

the coolant temperature is unaffected.

I'm never going to pretend to understand tuning, maps all of that. but this thing makes a huge difference on both bikes. throttle response is crazy smooth. butt dyno says there's better (more?) power

i'm sure it's not as good as getting a proper tune, power commander, etc, but for the money ($160 US) and effort, i'm in and sold.

disclaimer: easy to install on a scrambler, total pain in the ass on an 899. the sensor to connect to is under the headlight fairing. if anyone's had to delve into that, they'll understand. once you get the headlight fairing off, takes 2 min to plug it in and route the sensor.

worth it? absolutely.

https://www.boosterplug.com/shop/frontpage.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts