Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
@foo that's a great looking stand - for the price, what's comparable?
The TBR SP2 is a bit pricier compared to the others. Cost me $185. You can get a Pit Bull Rear Stand Spool, which might be the best seller and might go for $130-150. Cheaper is the DMP rear stand for under a $100. If you want expensive you can go for the ducati pro italia one!. They all fit the 899 if you mount the the right swing arm spools..

·
Registered
45 Posts
I finally got my Rizoma spools in the mail after 3 weeks! They kinda look big so I had to double check the weight. 70g... Not bad. Also, I was able to try the TBR SP2 on the 899 and I'm glad they made it flexible. By swapping the 2 metal edges (right goes to the left and left to the right) it fits perfectly. You also have to adjust the height so that the rear wheel doesn't touch the ground. At the end it looks good to me! Some solid stuff...

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
I use a pitbull front stand on my bike, but usually remove the fender to do so since if i'm using that stand I'm probably taking the forks off anyways.

I've done it with the fender on by turing the whole stand about 45 degrees until there is enough clearance to rotate it back to vertical. Then get the pin in the hole and lift away.

it's completely doable if you take your time and remain observant.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I've been told it wont work. Not only is the hole blocked off but the stand will hit the nose bodywork. I have a headstock stand for my other bike and tried to fit it to the 899 and it will it the body work.
I know this thread is old... But i just got a front stand from my dealer yesterday, and this is exactly what i'm seeing as well.. I can't use it.
There's a hole for the stand that has a cover that can be removed...but the **** hole is huge and the stand pin basically doesnt' touch anything. So the stand arm is then pressing on the body work instead of the headstock...

·
Registered
148 Posts
I know this thread is old... But i just got a front stand from my dealer yesterday, and this is exactly what i'm seeing as well.. I can't use it.
There's a hole for the stand that has a cover that can be removed...but the **** hole is huge and the stand pin basically doesnt' touch anything. So the stand arm is then pressing on the body work instead of the headstock...
Hi,

I don't have 899 any more, but I made the front stand work - what you need is a rather short stem attachment - if it's Pit Bull stand, it's part #28S. I didn't feel like paying for it, so I made mine of the lathe, and even then, the clearance is such that I had to slide the pin in the stem first, then slide the stand to it. The ID of the stem is just about 28mm, yes, it's huge.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts