Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm making the ride from Brisbane down to Phillip Island and back again. I've got two weeks off to complete this adventure (with some rest days by the beach) and 3 days at the track for the MotoGP.

So far I have 3 riders interested doing this ride from Brisbane. I thought I would post here to see if anyone else was making the journey, and to get ideas on the route to scope out some ideal / favourite roads from you guys here to incorporate into the ride.

Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll be updating this topic often with more info as we work it out. But we need to work out the travel plans, the route, where we are staying overnight and where to do the rest days. The sooner this is published the earlier everyone can get their s**t sorted. That's where local knowledge from this community comes in. What are some cool roads that we must do in NSW?, where would you stay, where are some good places for an ale?

The SE Qld Street Riders have a small Facebook group where we organise monthly group rides and group track days. There is about 10 of us turning up to events which is a good number and its been fun so far. Its worth checking out if your into the group ride thing. Send me a PM if your interested.

Anyway, feel free to spread the word. The more the merrier. It'll be nice to have some fellow riders for this trip.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
http://goo.gl/maps/zBRHZ

Thoughts?

Feel free to change destinations / routes in Google maps and then re-upload in here.

The goal as mentioned is to ride the best roads native to NSW and VIC. I have never done a ride like this so all advice is welcome.

Once we get the route confirmed I can work out where we'll stop for the nights, and try to break the journey up into manageable chunks.

Thanks for your input guys, it's invaluable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.