Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Hi - anyone have one of these systems fitted? Surely the nicest looking system bar none?
I still prefer the Akrapovic and Termi, but can appreciate your difference in taste.

There have been several issues surrounding the Austin Racing brand and so if you are interested in installing one on your bike, I would investigate it a little deeper.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
why wouldnt you say what the issues are instead of PMing him? is it a secret?
No... However, instead of quoting anecdotal evidence, I sent him a link to a thread on another forum where there are several posts on the topic. I didn't feel that it was appropriate to reference it directly on this forum.

Basically, there were orders placed for exhausts by several 1199 owners and once they took delivery, they found the fitment to be wrong and in all but a few cases, the blame was put on the install and not the fabrication. Also, it was found that Austin Racing took credit for the entire build process from design to fabrication and it was determined that they outsource the work to another exhaust manufacturer and they simply affixed their logo on the hardware.

Since I have had no first hand experience with the vendor, I felt that it should come directly from those who had dealt with the issue.

Reactions: FastBikeGear

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
I have read quite a few issues with AR on the s1krr boards. No thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Also, it was found that Austin Racing took credit for the entire build process from design to fabrication and it was determined that they outsource the work to another exhaust manufacturer and they simply affixed their logo on the hardware.
Sorry i dont see whats wrong with that? I understand if their build quality is poor, i'd have an issue with that but not with the above.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Sorry i dont see whats wrong with that? I understand if their build quality is poor, i'd have an issue with that but not with the above.
Personally, I think it is deceptive to publish that you perform all the design work and fabricate all the parts in house when all you do is resell someone else's work and affix your logo then take all the credit.

Besides, there were evidently fitment issues that couldn't be explained due to them not owning the process.

Two related issues - one stemming from the other.

Termignoni and Akrapovic may command a premium, but their quality is unquestionable.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Personally, I think it is deceptive to publish that you perform all the design work and fabricate all the parts in house when all you do is resell someone else's work and affix your logo then take all the credit.

Besides, there were evidently fitment issues that couldn't be explained due to them not owning the process.

Two related issues - one stemming from the other.

Termignoni and Akrapovic may command a premium, but their quality is unquestionable.
I think you are confusing both issues. Poor workmanship has nothing to do with re-branding. At the end of the day, the manufacturer of the re-branded product doesnt get the bad name, the brand does.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I think you are confusing both issues. Poor workmanship has nothing to do with re-branding. At the end of the day, the manufacturer of the re-branded product doesnt get the bad name, the brand does.
I am not confusing anything. I know the history and backstory to all of this.

I think it best that we drop it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts