Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

AUSSIES - What are you paying OTD?

9K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  JohnJohn 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I'm very close to pulling the trigger and looking to buy my bike in March. There are 5 possible Ducati Dealerships I could buy from.

Desmo HQ - Byron Bay
Gold Coast Ducati
Ducati Brisbane
Brisbane Motorcycles
Ducati Noosa

1. What prices did you pay out the door? Red or White?

2. Did you get any aftermarket, like a Termi Exhaust (slip on / full) or seat cowling? How much did that set you back?

3. What deal did you get with the bike?

Thank you in advance and I (and many other Aussies that will grace this forum in the future) appreciate the feedback.

#2 ·
Rowan

I am in Sydney, i havent heard of any deals available by any Sydney Ducati dealer.
I have a white. 899 on order, i am paying $21,990 ride away.

Dont believe the termi kits are available in Australia as yet.

Cheers

Armando

#6 ·
I'm in Melbourne, Ducati City Melbourne was my dealer of choice

1. 22k ride away for a Red. 1st service has been included in the price.
2. No accessories at all, will buy post 1st service.
3. Backpack (Ducati City branded) Hardwired trickle charger and Ducati Key ring.

I did not even bother with negotiation considering I was lucky enough to get bike No. 1 for Melbourne!!

#7 ·
$22k including bike cover, stand, backpack and first service free.
Prices willbe going up to $23,500 once the first 3 shipments are sold ( which is nearly finished).
You won't get Termis etc thrown in as the bike is priced accordingly and in relation to the 1199.

After i take my 899 to phillip island tmrrow i'll work out if i'm going to keep the Duc or sell it as i'll ride it back to back with my RSV4.

D

#8 · (Edited)
I got mine from Fraser's Motorcycles at Concord.

Bikes cost $21,500 (arctic white silk) on road.
Extras were $1000
- Rizoma Rearsets
- Seat Cowl

I doubt anyone will be doing a deal on them. As they will be going up in price (as per Quo Vadas). There won't be a termi offer either so don't hold out for one.

#12 ·
Does anyone know when the next shipment of bikes are coming in?

I think there is a red one with my name on it. Starting to get a little cagey. PC and Phone wallpapers, talking about nothing but bikes with my significant other (which I'm sure she's impressed about), watching YouTube videos 458 times.

Can't wait.

#14 ·
lol exactly the same for me.

On the bright side I got a phone call today saying mine is 1 week away (Gold Coast Ducati). Will be a few extra days to assemble and fit the termis but not long now :)

I was also wondering what insurance is costing everyone and which Aussie company is recommended? Sorry if its off topic.

#13 ·
I think the next shipment is end of March to early April. My mate is still waiting for his which was due in March so until i get word from him on the next shipment take my words as hearsay.

#16 ·
That's a decent price Taylor. Get them to throw in a tank protector (carbon), trickle charger and seat cowl. I don't think they will have any problem doing that.

#18 ·
I'm waiting on mine from Brisbane motorcycles, All up will be like $21500 ride away (arctic white). My brother has a red one from them, no complaint's I would recommend them to anyone. apparently will be here end of March/early April. Seems there's a few people waiting for bikes around SEQ. hope it doesn't come down to scissors/paper/rock...

#20 ·
Deposit down this morning on an artic white, they updated me that should take delivery the week following Easter.

They weren't exactly jumping at throwing anything in as he used the 12 months rego as a bargaining point. He said when we catch up next month they may be able to throw in a few small items......

How long was everyones included rego with there on roads ????

#23 ·
The Rego thing is always included in the price unless your buying a bike with no intention to register it for the roads (race bike only). So that is not really a point they can bargain with. All bikes come with 12 months rego. Insurance is done yourself unless the dealer can get a good deal through partners.

If you have no intention of customising the bike than i wouldn't worry about extras, but if they want continued service they should really throw in extras. A tank pad will cost them nothing so push for that and a trickle charger at most.

#24 ·
If you have no intention of customising the bike than i wouldn't worry about extras, but if they want continued service they should really throw in extras. A tank pad will cost them nothing so push for that and a trickle charger at most.
Am only after the small things that can get included and the seat cowel would be nice, looks a lot tidier.

Being the only Ducati dealer in town they are going to get my business regardless but anyway, it is what it is.

Happy with only a 5 to 6 week wait if it actually delivers then !

#26 ·
Hi guys I'm new here and considering the jump from an S1krr to an 899.
What I'm clouded with is Frasers Quotes and what guys have been paying here, extras and service costs.
I'm from Newcastle, Frasers here want 440 for the first service, 500 odd after that, then 1700 odd on the 24 k service.
Seems like Ducati in Australia you are ball hammered by Frasers.
A test ride seems too much to ask as well!!!
Any ex s1krr riders that can shed some light on comparison on the streets would be good too?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.