Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm on a mountain ride yesterday and I catch up to these 3 Harley riders. The front 2 are passing the slow cars and doing their thing, their buddy in the back (the guy in front of me) can barely keep up. He's passing at totally the wrong times, at one point, almost got into a head on that he had like a full 10secs to avoid. He sucked at cornering and kept going over the yellow.

On the 3rd tight turn from the end of the canyon, this guy forgets to turn and just goes straight into the mountain side. Lucky for him he wasn't going the other way with a river 1,000ft straight down! I was right behind him and the only witness. Looked to me like me grabbed some front brake and stood the bike up and WHAM.

I pull over about 30ft past him and start running towards the guy. I make sure the kill switch is pushed (why does Harley make this black like all the other buttons?! Idiots!) and I see he has his sunglasses poked right into his eye, moron was wearing a skull cap, typical. I couldn't lift the bike by myself (brand new Sportster) because the wheels were up the mountain side, the bike wasn't flat. After about 30secs a car pulled over and a guy came over to help lift the bike off this guy so others could help him out from under it.

The entire time I'm at the front of the bike lifting, this guys breath is absolutely WREAKING of beer. A Big part of me wanted to leave him under the bike at this point, but you don't have time to think stuff like that out in and emergency, we're just trying to get him out from under this burning hot wreck of a bike.

About a minute after his two buddies come back and are like "oh man, what happened" and ****, I about wanted to loose it on them for letting their 70yr white trash *drunk* friend who obviously was a new rider on a new bike ride in the first place! Trying to keep pace at that! I immediately just walked away from the scene and went on my way. There were like 20 cars stopped at this point and it was becoming a real circus. About 15miles past I finally have 2 CHP, a sheriff, and an ambulance and firetruck go past on their way to this guy. Made me sick.

No bloody way I was going to be the one guy to give a witness statement to the CHP in front of his 2 biker buddies saying this drunk moron ran straight into the mountain all by himself like an idiot.

Look, I drink and party it up, but NEVER, EVER, would I think it's OK to have even 1 drink within 6hrs of getting on a motorcycle! To me this just feeds into the stereo type of these Harley idiots drinking and riding! I don't wish harm on anyone, but this guy should have gotten hurt more to learn a lesson.

*rant mode off*, maybe...

In case this guy or his buddies find this thread on a Google search, this was Sunday May 11th 2014 @ 2:01PM PST at the top of the Kern Canyon on HWY 178 east bound. YOU ARE A **** BAG!!!!! DON'T RIDE WHEN YOU DRINK!!!! You're lucky the gravel didn't nick my paint or I would have taken it out of your ass!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I pulled a HD guy out of a ditch last week. He didnt make it .5 miles from the bar. Saw him parked there on my way out for the day. In the ditch on my way home :( head shake face palm. I feel like the stereotype isn't much of a stereotype anymore and more of a reality. These guys seem to spend more time at the bar than riding there bikes!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nailed it @92GTA! Does seem to be the culture of Harley guys. This guy i encountered was trying to start his bike on its side to get it to stand up bc he couldnt lift it. He didnt even notice i pulled the keys from the ignition. Way to wasted to get anywhere near a motor vehicle.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nailed it @92GTA! Does seem to be the culture of Harley guys. This guy i encountered was trying to start his bike on its side to get it to stand up bc he couldnt lift it. He didnt even notice i pulled the keys from the ignition. Way to wasted to get anywhere near a motor vehicle.
Oh yeah, when I got to this clown he hadn't even moved an inch and was just making groaning noises, he was totally out of it. Even when we got him out from under the bike and after he stood up, he wasn't coherent at all. Looked like he hadn't shaved or showered in weeks, just looked totally hammered, at 2 in the afternoon! I really hope he got booked for a DUI but who knows. I just hope the CHP officer didn't go easy on him thinking he was just dazed or in shock from the accident but I'm also sure they know the difference even better than I do.

All that aside, it's totally beyond me the other 2 even let this guy ride. ****, I don't even like riding with sober guys because I spend more time in my mirrors making sure they are OK than I do enjoying my ride. I hope they felt guilty as **** and learned some kind of lesson :(

BTW, this road is THICK with cars and motorcycles on the weekends, families on a day/weekend trip to the lake/forest kinda thing. Thank god he didn't hurt anyone else or me when he wrecked.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good on you for helping, I would have done the same. I can understand how that would piss you off, I would have felt the same way. Idiot got what he deserved putting himself and others at risk:mad:
In some ways I wish I had stayed to give a statement but I dunno, it would have been an hr of my time, I didn't wanna deal with it later like with an affidavit or something for court, etc. Then I'm sure his buddies would have argued points with me even though I was behind him for 20mins and the only witness. Being first to help someone has bitten me in the ass before. I stopped, helped, and went on my way with no one noticing. It just really irked me.

As I was walking away I could already hear him trying to slur out some BS excuse about something and not even taking responsibility, I was just shaking my head while walking away.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Good on you for helping, I would have done the same. I can understand how that would piss you off, I would have felt the same way. Idiot got what he deserved putting himself and others at risk:mad:
Whit the risk of been beaten by his too buddies I would go back and told the Police what exactly happend and hopefully they'll take his licence away and he wouldn't have another opportunity to hurt somebody else. Yeah cause I realy don't care idiots hurting themselves. ..it just sucs them hurting some enocent people or riders. God that story make me pissed. On the same note I understand why you didn't wanna talkes to the cops. Was awfully nice of you to stop and help this idiot on first place

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Whit the risk of been beaten by his too buddies I would go back and told the Police what exactly happend and hopefully they'll take his licence away and he wouldn't have another opportunity to hurt somebody else. Yeah cause I realy don't care idiots hurting themselves. ..it just sucs them hurting some enocent people or riders. God that story make me pissed. On the same note I understand why you didn't wanna talkes to the cops. Was awfully nice of you to stop and help this idiot on first place
You know another thing, where I live, it's like HD world, seriously. Everyone here is so racist against sport bikers and so pro Harley, including the cops, it's beyond comprehension. Anything I would have said would have fallen on deaf ears. I bet even half the witnesses were HD riders and so are most of law enforcement. ****, in this ****** up world here, I could have even been blamed for causing it because I was a "sport biker" and must have been reckless and caused it. Screw that noise!

****, nearly all the HD riders don't even wave back when I wave at them passing on the road here!

I was also amazed at how many cars who were first on scene, just drove on by, didn't stop to help with traffic or help lift the bike or anything. Must have been at least 5 or 6.

·
Registered
196 Posts
i was a bike week in ft.myers didnt bring my bike because i knew i would part take in the ability to walk down the street with a beer checking out bikes. I was amazed at all the dudes who rode there and rode back home straight trashed. Even more amazed at their sober wives/gf's getting on the back. f that! some dudes just dont get it, till its too late.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
i was a bike week in ft.myers didnt bring my bike because i knew i would part take in the ability to walk down the street with a beer checking out bikes. I was amazed at all the dudes who rode there and rode back home straight trashed. Even more amazed at their sober wives/gf's getting on the back. f that! some dudes just dont get it, till its too late.
OMFG yes, don't even get me started on the passengers on some of these bikes :mad: I seriously, like for real (I likely would kill myself if it were someone I loved), would not be able to live with myself if a passenger on my bike died, sober, let alone drunk like these guys. To this day I've never had a passenger on any of my sport bikes, having someones life in my hands with some many outside variables just freaks me out, and I am not usually an overly paranoid person.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Point well taken OP - alcohol and ANY type of vehicle simply don't mix. But you can't make that blanket statement about Harley riders. I ride an 899, a Monster, and a Harley 48 and love all three. I don't drink when riding any of them, and I always gear up. Plenty of responsible Harley riders out there... and more than a few guys I know will crush a few beers and then rip a wheelie on their Panigales down the highway.

Reactions: rjjr

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
But you can't make that blanket statement about Harley riders. I ride an 899, a Monster, and a Harley 48 and love all three. I don't drink when riding any of them, and I always gear up. Plenty of responsible Harley riders out there... and more than a few guys I know will crush a few beers and then rip a wheelie on their Panigales down the highway.
I'm glad to hear there are some who don't! I don't doubt there are guys like that on all types of bikes, but it sure does *seem* like the % of HD riders which do is far greater than most. Hopefully things are getting better not worse.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hardleyableson

Of course harley riders are morons. Why else would they ride a bike with a pushrod motor designed in 1944. They have no clearance so when they try to lean it over, they scrape hard parts. They have no idea what riding is all about so it doesn't surprise me they drink & ride.

·
Registered
337 Posts
You know another thing, where I live, it's like HD world, seriously. Everyone here is so racist against sport bikers and so pro Harley, including the cops, it's beyond comprehension. Anything I would have said would have fallen on deaf ears. I bet even half the witnesses were HD riders and so are most of law enforcement. ****, in this ****** up world here, I could have even been blamed for causing it because I was a "sport biker" and must have been reckless and caused it. Screw that noise!

****, nearly all the HD riders don't even wave back when I wave at them passing on the road here!

I was also amazed at how many cars who were first on scene, just drove on by, didn't stop to help with traffic or help lift the bike or anything. Must have been at least 5 or 6.
You did outstanding man and I have to agree with you on the fact that %80 ot the HD riders won't wave back but that's because most of them are two ***** fat to lift a hand and wave back and of course they're always exceptions but are talking about the majority of them . Peace bro

·
Registered
480 Posts
I think it comes down to the fact that many 'Harley' riders are chasing an image, while others consider their riding 'casual' and therefore inherently safer than what those of us who ride 'sport' bikes do. It's the only explanation I can come up with for riding with either no helmet or one that has no protective value, drinking and riding, etc. I'm not sure what they're trying to prove, but stupidity seems to be pretty high up on the list of what they're achieving.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Point well taken OP - alcohol and ANY type of vehicle simply don't mix. But you can't make that blanket statement about Harley riders. I ride an 899, a Monster, and a Harley 48 and love all three. I don't drink when riding any of them, and I always gear up. Plenty of responsible Harley riders out there... and more than a few guys I know will crush a few beers and then rip a wheelie on their Panigales down the highway.
Thanks Teddyb, I was reading this thread and thinking how unfair and one sided it was, I ride a custom HD 48, I have ridden sport bikes for many years and wanted to try a HD and love it, although I am just about to buy a 899 as well but its not fair to say that all HD riders are drunk hicks, I know many good guys who ride Harleys as well as sport bikes, I also know of a few instances where guys on there sport bikes who had a few drinks and thought they were superman then ended up in hospital after going for a spin. I think people general do stupid things not just HD riders.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You did outstanding man and I have to agree with you on the fact that %80 ot the HD riders won't wave back but that's because most of them are two ***** fat to lift a hand and wave back and of course they're always exceptions but are talking about the majority of them . Peace bro
Now now, that's not fair either, while I do agree that some HD riders wont wave back the same applies to sport bike riders, I remember when I first started riding 15yrs ago, people would always do the nod when passing, I don't see that anymore whether I am on a HD or sport bike, but when I nod at a sport bike rider while riding my HD I never get a response, there seems to be some animosity between the groups, which is a shame since we all like to ride no matter the machine... just my 2cents

·
Registered
10 Posts
Of course harley riders are morons. Why else would they ride a bike with a pushrod motor designed in 1944. They have no clearance so when they try to lean it over, they scrape hard parts. They have no idea what riding is all about so it doesn't surprise me they drink & ride.
Howard, those types of statements just make you seem a little narrow minded, everyone should be allowed to enjoy different things and not be called a moron for it, live and let live... in saying that drinking and riding is a moronic act I agree as it could harm others...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.