Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was looking at getting a cheap ZX-6R track bike when I got thinking about Ducati's and why there isn't many high mileage duke's kicking around?

There is (at time of writing) 856 Ducati's for sale in Australia on a popular Bike sales website. Only 6 of them have more then 85,000 km on the odometer.

There are many reasons for this I'm sure, but compared to popular Japanese rivals the percentage of older higher mileage bikes above 85,000 km are higher.

Do our beloved Ducati's have a shorter shelf life then other bikes? Is it that there were just less of them around 10 years ago compared to other brands? Does the superbike nature of our bikes lend itself to a quicker death compared to a GSX-R?

Not trolling as I own a 899 and love it to death, just keen to hear your observations regarding the future lifespan of our machines.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Also given the smaller number of Ducs compared to Japanese bikes. Not to mention, most Ducati owners are more affluent and have more bikes in their stable. So the miles tend to be lower. I only have the time to ride during the weekends, so my miles or kilometers may be lower than yours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.