Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone cored their exhaust? Any problems??

for the time being.. im thinking about this option.. cuz I just want a faaaking loud exhaust! blah!

Thoughts?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the AAkra dont sound that loud.. termi sounds louder too me..

I just want a cheap way to make my exhaust loud.. before I can get a exhaust system..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Anyone cored their exhaust? Any problems??

for the time being.. im thinking about this option.. cuz I just want a faaaking loud exhaust! blah!

Thoughts?
Mine is being Cored out as we speak. Cost is $390. I'll post a video in a week when its done and installed.

In the mean time here is a video with no exhaust. If you want loud... :eek:

Sorry for the crappy audio. Its from my cell phone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eKDoLXYEjg

The Akra & Termi full exhaust are as loud as the stockies. Its not worth IMO. I dont care about performance or weight. I want a nice sound. I ride for fun!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
**** that sounds nasty!

Thats the sound i want! haha

Ill be waiting for those vids!

Thanx!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Remove Sleeves, Cut side open, remove The Cat, weld back up, refit sleeve and recommend remap and ear plugs.

I haven't done it but have read a thread on us 1199 forum were a guy does it for a fee with good bottom end BHP results ON a 1199.

·
Registered
34 Posts
yeah.. I see he charges $390 to do it..
I THINK? For that price you get alittle bit more done, cant remember exactly what He said extra he does rightnow. Also I assume you get the newly Designed by him Silencer outlet covers?

Core stock exhaust? - Ducati 1199 Forum

As quoted by Phil who offers the Cored Silencer mod.
Blue is cored exhaust and tuneboy V3.
Green is cored ex. and stock 206 map.
Red is stock ex. and stock 206 map, all rich in the lower rpms

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Full Akra without baffles is fuuuucking loud:)
Even if they are loud they are incredibly expensive.. Stupid expensive if you ask me.

If I can core my stock exhaust for $390 then I think I'll do that :) I just checked ebay, full Akra system is just $4615, yeh, sounds reasonable.. :eek:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just checked ebay, full Akra system is just $4615, yeh, sounds reasonable.. :eek:
They can be got for $3450 In/From the USA.
Cheapest can find in the EU is from an italian ebay seller for £2670.
(http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SCARICO-COMPLETO-EVO-EVOLUTION-AKRAPOVIC-TITANIO-DUCATI-1199-PANIGALE-S-D11E1-T-/181418198797?pt=Ricambi_e_Accessori_Moto&hash=item2a3d5e070d)

Cheapest Termi full system, again from italy is £1850ish.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Termignoni-Titane-Ducati-1199-Panigale-2012-12-13-Systeme-DEchappement-Complet-/111127219698?pt=FR_JG_Moto_Pièces&hash=item19dfb2cdf2()

FM's system gives the best max HP, but is £2450 AND Not even Titanium.
They have the rear header pipes loop down by the silencers, so should be much better regarding heat, but hear they are quite loud and In my opinion don't look right on the bike.
(http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-1199-Panigale-Auspuff-Dampfer-Komplettanlage-Edelstahl-FM-Projects-Tuning-/161076638138?pt=Motorrad_Kraftradteile&hash=item2580ea71ba)

Best of both worlds would be The FM pipework married to a set of termi or akro silencers, if was actually possible????

·
Registered
50 Posts
They can be got for $3450 In/From the USA.
Cheapest can find in the EU is from an italian ebay seller for £2670.
(SCARICO COMPLETO EVO EVOLUTION AKRAPOVIC TITANIO DUCATI 1199 PANIGALE S�D11E1�T | eBay)

Cheapest Termi full system, again from italy is £1850ish.
Termignoni Titane Ducati 1199 Panigale 2012 12 13 Système D'Echappement Complet | eBay)

FM's system gives the best max HP, but is £2450 AND Not even Titanium.
They have the rear header pipes loop down by the silencers, so should be much better regarding heat, but hear they are quite loud and In my opinion don't look right on the bike.
(Ducati 1199 Panigale Auspuff Dämpfer Komplettanlage Edelstahl FM Projects Tuning | eBay)

Best of both worlds would be The FM pipework married to a set of termi or akro silencers, if was actually possible????
Still bloody expensive if you compare it to a cored system which IMO looks pretty **** nice with a termi sticker on.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Still bloody expensive if you compare it to a cored system which IMO looks pretty **** nice with a termi sticker on.

Totally agree,
I was just pointing out that for anyone who is considering any systems there are cheaper prices around if you look enough ;) and there are other options besides Termi and Akro. :)

The cored cans are 100% the best and cheapest bang for the buck if buying in the US.
UK buyers need to consider the extra costs involved.
1) Ship Silencers to USA.
2) Cost Of Coring Service,
3) Return Shipping,
4) THEN get ripped for the uk import/vat/customs fees abit and nevermind the Parcelforce Total BS Made up clearance Blackmail fee they decided to make up a few years ago, just because they could.
5) Remapping, which would recommend.

BUT,
At the chance of sounding like I am arguing with Myself (lol)
IT is STILL a huge amount cheaper then new Termi Silencers. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Totally agree,
I was just pointing out that for anyone who is considering any systems there are cheaper prices around if you look enough ;) and there are other options besides Termi and Akro. :)

The cored cans are 100% the best and cheapest bang for the buck if buying in the US.
UK buyers need to consider the extra costs involved.
1) Ship Silencers to USA.
2) Cost Of Coring Service,
3) Return Shipping,
4) THEN get ripped for the uk import/vat/customs fees abit and nevermind the Parcelforce Total BS Made up clearance Blackmail fee they decided to make up a few years ago, just because they could.
5) Remapping, which would recommend.

BUT,
At the chance of sounding like I am arguing with Myself (lol)
IT is STILL a huge amount cheaper then new Termi Silencers. :)
I dunno about the import tax since you're dealing with a private person who isn't actually selling anything but rather doing you a service, not a company.

The actual value of the item is therefore 0 since it's your own.. if that equals 0 import taxes is something I'll leave for someone else to answer ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I dunno about the import tax since you're dealing with a private person who isn't actually selling anything but rather doing you a service, not a company.

The actual value of the item is therefore 0 since it's your own.. if that equals 0 import taxes is something I'll leave for someone else to answer ;)
Every part I have bought from outside the eu or the USA Has Always had import duty+vat+ the BS Clearance fee attached to it.

Only way around is to putdown lower value and insure for same lower value and hope and prey it doesn't go missing.

Last item I bought the seller as agreed putdown value at half what I paid, BUT He insured it for the full value. Not only did it get delayed by customs for near 2 weeks they also charged me on the insured value, not the stated value on the customs forms.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
that looks sweet! I love the grill on it.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
is the screen for anything besides looks?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts