Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Aren't affected? So no TC voodoo because of the different diameter?
It's only about a 1% difference I think so it shouldn't be too much.
I actually want as small as possible :) it's just more peace of mind with the 190/55 I guess as it's meant for a 6 inch wheel.

Thanks!

·
Registered
127 Posts
What about the brake caliper. Did you have to change it or just relocate it? And the sprocket? Is it the 1199 sprocket or an after market one. I have a bike exactly like you and that is the mode I want to do in the near future.

·
Registered
127 Posts
What about the brake caliper. Did you have to change it or just relocate it? And the sprocket? Is it the 1199 sprocket or an after market one. I have a bike exactly like you and that is the mode I want to do in the near future.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was curious also if you can use the 899 brake caliper. Ive been looking at doing this but trying to decide if its worth it or I should just buy an 1199 next year.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
@Karlos @shawniam

The brake caliper was from the 899 and the sprocket is aftermarket, i went with a kit that allows for the sprocket to inexpensively be replaced in the future. It's best to checkout places like rubbersideup.com or eBay for oem parts (obviously as long as they're in mint condition).

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'd say try them both. Hired the 1199 for a day but the thing, for me, is ludicrous on the streets. Below 7-8000 'not much' happens and then it goes berserk. In a nice way, but not a streetfriendly way.
I found myself timetravelling between roundabouts without really enjoying it.
The 899 does a bit better below 7-8000, or it seems that way to me, so street riding is more enjoyable for me.
Both however will let you grin like the Joker whilst riding or just looking :p.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Love it!!! I already bought some parts to do mine. Question though, hopefully someone can answer...

Do I need the 1199 R swingarm cuz it has adjustable linkage, or can I use a regular 1199 swingarm and just get an aftermarket adjustable suspension linkage...

That's all I need to know before I impulse buy this eBay swingarm haha. I already have the chain, sprocket, hub, and CF fender. I just need the lines and sensor + new rims.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Great write up, the bike looks fantastic!

I was very close to doing this conversation myself, until I found out the SSSA is 2 to 3kg heavier (depending where you get the info), objective of my build is SL.....carbon carbon carbon, less less weight!!

You're lucky to have such a great service center, they can be hard to come by.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First off the single sided swing arm has been pioneered successfully.
But I'll place credit, where it is due. AMS DUCATI DALLAS's Jordan Rhodes and crew.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with AMS. These comments are from me as a customer.

These gentlemen are tier 1 individuals, who can walk the walk and talk the talk.
That said, I wouldn't trust any other shop with this project, with full faith.

Also, I can't think of a single individual who hadn't gone out of their way for me there.
Genuinely, seeking the best for me. Everything to this date, has been pure fun and pleasure.

The other shops could take a few lessons.

Their work speaks for itself, "impressive." They live|breathe|sweat|bleed Ducati.
If you ever have a chance to visit them, you'll immediately recognize that this is true.

The conversion was done by Jordan R. in a matter of a few hours. There have been a lot of nay sayers,
well it was pretty much routine here and quite easy to do. In the photos, you will notice that the rear brake has
not been set. Currently, waiting on an 1199R's rear brake line, since the 899's falls short. As well as the sensor
and cable housing. The rear hugger will be installed lastly.

The 899 is the bike, that I've been after. That serves my purpose fully. Never has it been a matter of 'all around'
performance or price in regards to the 1199, simply what I want is in the 899. Customized to how I want it.

Although, nothing far from the appearance of an 1199S' LEDs, SSSA and et cetera; it proves the theories and more
importantly it proves itself to me. Except for a few carbon fiber pieces and Ohlin's toys, this bike, in my book is
complete to my standard.

Accomplished not by me, but by AMS Ducati Dallas. Thanks, for my dream bike.

If you have any complicated technical questions, email the shop. I don't pretend to know.

Photos on the next quote.
Are you able to use any ducati swing arm to covert on the 959.... Like the 848 evo

41 - 51 of 51 Posts