Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Thanks Sinjin. That's an alarm though. I already ordered the Panigale Antitheft System from Ducati. I was looking for a GPS chip option that is similar to the GPS tracking that Bike Trac offers in the UK.
Right... the Ducati alarm is what? $400? this is an alarm, however I thought that it integrates with their Ride (Ride | Scorpio) offering.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The device costs about $140 and comes with a year of worldwide GSM coverage meaning SMS notifications. Of course the GPS is inherently global. Furthermore, I installed Scorpio i900R alarm and wired the relay (starter kill feed) to the "SOS" button through a timed relay. I also wired the seats and fairings via magnetic switches, to the two other "user input" buttons on the Trackimo. Therefore, if the alarm goes off or someone tampers with my bike, or several other GPS related parameters that can be set, I will get an SMS. All for $5/mo AFTER the first year. Total bargain.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.