Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
@jarelj is the full akra for the 899 cross compatible to the 1199? I think I might pull the trigger if I can take this off this bike and get it on an 1199 if i decide to go that route in the future.

If not what parts would I need to replace. Hopefully not the whole thing:confused:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
@jarelj is the full akra for the 899 cross compatible to the 1199? I think I might pull the trigger if I can take this off this bike and get it on an 1199 if i decide to go that route in the future.

If not what parts would I need to replace. Hopefully not the whole thing:confused:
Yes its the same exhaust for either 899 or 1199.

·
Registered
127 Posts
If you check out the tech specs page, you can see that they are slightly louder on paper, however I seem to think that the numbers don't do them justice.

Also, the microphone on the sound clip is better than most, but there is a definite improvement to the tone and raspy note over stock.

If I were to go with the Akrapovic system, I would defiantly go with the full.
My recommendation would be if you want the great Akrapovic sound as your main driver, and you don't want to mess with remapping, then get the Slip-On. It looks great, sounds great, and so far the ones we've installed with stock fuel mapping have ran fine with no ill effects. If it's a track bike, and you don't mind having your ECU reflashed or installing another remapping solutions such as the rapid-bike, AND you're trying to get maximum horsepower in addition to the sound, then get the full system.
Sorry to bring up an old thread, couple questions;

1. Is the akrapovic slip-on muffler the same one as the muffler in the akra full system? Do they have have cats?

2. If I get the slip-on, could I upgrade the headers to akra later? Probably not, just wanna make sure.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old thread, couple questions;

1. Is the akrapovic slip-on muffler the same one as the muffler in the akra full system? Do they have have cats?

2. If I get the slip-on, could I upgrade the headers to akra later? Probably not, just wanna make sure.
The aftermarket Akrapovic exhaust do not have cats. The homologated DP Akrapovic exhaust, like those that come stock on the Panigale R, do have cats.

I believe that you can order the headers separately. However, at this point, it would likely be a case of availability and cost.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The aftermarket Akrapovic exhaust do not have cats. The homologated DP Akrapovic exhaust, like those that come stock on the Panigale R, do have cats.

I believe that you can order the headers separately. However, at this point, it would likely be a case of availability and cost.
Gotcha, one more quick question if you don't mind:

I just ordered an 899 akra slip-on from superbikeunlimited. I am worried that had I ordered it from ducati, it would have come with an up-map.

Can you confirm that the 899 akra does NOT come with an up-map no matter if I order it from a ducati dealer or if I order it from a third part seller?

The link to the part I ordered is below. I guess I am concerned whether or not I would be getting a different product if I ordered from Ducati because the part number I ordered I cannot find on any ducati site (akrapovic part S-D9SO4-T)

Akrapovic Racing Titanium Slip On Mufflers 14-15 Ducati 899 Panigale

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Gotcha, one more quick question if you don't mind:

I just ordered an 899 akra slip-on from superbikeunlimited. I am worried that had I ordered it from ducati, it would have come with an up-map.

Can you confirm that the 899 akra does NOT come with an up-map no matter if I order it from a ducati dealer or if I order it from a third part seller?

The link to the part I ordered is below. I guess I am concerned whether or not I would be getting a different product if I ordered from Ducati because the part number I ordered I cannot find on any ducati site (akrapovic part S-D9SO4-T)

Akrapovic Racing Titanium Slip On Mufflers 14-15 Ducati 899 Panigale
The non-homologated (no cats) DP Akrapovic exhaust for the 959 and 1299 comes with an upmap; this one should not. If you were to have ordered the DP kit from a Ducati dealer, it would have come with the upmap which would not be compatible with the 899. I suppose you might be able to order a non Ducati Performance slip on from a dealer, but it would have to be the Akrapovic part number instead of a Ducati part number.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The non-homologated (no cats) DP Akrapovic exhaust for the 959 and 1299 comes with an upmap; this one should not. If you were to have ordered the DP kit from a Ducati dealer, it would have come with the upmap which would not be compatible with the 899. I suppose you might be able to order a non Ducati Performance slip on from a dealer, but it would have to be the Akrapovic part number instead of a Ducati part number.
Gotcha, thank you!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts