Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the slip on come with the heat shield?
Which heat shield? The carbon heat guard on the canister does come with it. The heat shield that goes up on the headers under the seat is not included with a slip-on exhaust since it uses the stock headers.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
No remap required?
Akrapovic states that remapping is not required to see the published gains to engine performance. However, as always, there will be some performance improvements from tuning.

·
Registered
55 Posts
How does this sound compare to the stock exhaust? is it considerably louder?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Reactions: FileTitan

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Thank you much =)
If you check out the tech specs page, you can see that they are slightly louder on paper, however I seem to think that the numbers don't do them justice.

Also, the microphone on the sound clip is better than most, but there is a definite improvement to the tone and raspy note over stock.

If I were to go with the Akrapovic system, I would defiantly go with the full.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My recommendation would be if you want the great Akrapovic sound as your main driver, and you don't want to mess with remapping, then get the Slip-On. It looks great, sounds great, and so far the ones we've installed with stock fuel mapping have ran fine with no ill effects. If it's a track bike, and you don't mind having your ECU reflashed or installing another remapping solutions such as the rapid-bike, AND you're trying to get maximum horsepower in addition to the sound, then get the full system.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
My recommendation would be if you want the great Akrapovic sound as your main driver, and you don't want to mess with remapping, then get the Slip-On. It looks great, sounds great, and so far the ones we've installed with stock fuel mapping have ran fine with no ill effects. If it's a track bike, and you don't mind having your ECU reflashed or installing another remapping solutions such as the rapid-bike, AND you're trying to get maximum horsepower in addition to the sound, then get the full system.
Doesn't the full system come with the carbon fiber cover? Can you purchase it separately?

I know that it is up to each person's tastes and budget, but at $2900 for the slip on and $3500 for the full, if I were going all out and buying the Akrapovic exhaust vs. the Termi at $2170, I think I would kick in the extra $600.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Doesn't the full system come with the carbon fiber cover? Can you purchase it separately?

I know that it is up to each person's tastes and budget, but at $2900 for the slip on and $3500 for the full, if I were going all out and buying the Akrapovic exhaust vs. the Termi at $2170, I think I would kick in the extra $600.
I'd have to agree... if you're spending $2,900 on slip ons it's hard to see how $3,500 would be blowing the budget!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Are you talking about the header cover that goes under the seat? If so, then yes the full system comes with that. They both come with the carbon fiber exhaust canister covers that go at the front of the canisters.

If you use your forum discount code on the slip-on it's $2754 vs. $3495 for full system (Discount codes cannot be used on the full system since they're already on our web site at rock-bottom price), so it's actually $741 more for the full system. That's fairly comparable to any exhaust system that does not come with a mapping solution, it's usually $800-$1200 to add the headers. But again, why would you want the headers? Just to have them, or are you trying to get maximum horsepower? If so, the you'll also need to reflash/remap so add another $400-$700 on top of the header cost. So it may seem intuitive to say "Well for $600 I might as well get the headers too", but again my question would be "Why?", no everyone should spend that extra $741 if they're just doing it for sound and the nice look.

P.S. - We have the full systems back in stock now too!

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Are you talking about the header cover that goes under the seat? If so, then yes the full system comes with that. They both come with the carbon fiber exhaust canister covers that go at the front of the canisters.

If you use your forum discount code on the slip-on it's $2754 vs. $3495 for full system (Discount codes cannot be used on the full system since they're already on our web site at rock-bottom price), so it's actually $741 more for the full system. That's fairly comparable to any exhaust system that does not come with a mapping solution, it's usually $800-$1200 to add the headers. But again, why would you want the headers? Just to have them, or are you trying to get maximum horsepower? If so, the you'll also need to reflash/remap so add another $400-$700 on top of the header cost. So it may seem intuitive to say "Well for $600 I might as well get the headers too", but again my question would be "Why?", no everyone should spend that extra $741 if they're just doing it for sound and the nice look.

P.S. - We have the full systems back in stock now too!
I was meaning the header cover... in order to get that, you have to go with the full and it is a very nice addition. I would love to have it and the carbon fiber canister covers if they fit. I know that you can get DP or other aftermarket carbon covers, but I really like that shade.

Please understand I am not trying to argue the point; it is only in the interest of conversation.

I guess my reasoning is that if I were to spend that sort of money and was expecting to keep the bike, likely track it, and eventually (hopefully) become skilled enough to think I warrant it (even though folks like me don't ever progress to the point of the bike being the weak factor), I would want to have purchased the complete set instead of wish that I had later on.

I guess in those terms, I would fall into the (b) category of not just wanting it for the look and sound.

I want the magnesium case / clear clutch cover and BST wheels next... must resist!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update on Akra exhausts: We sold the 2 full systems we received earlier this week, and now have 2 more on the way which appear to be the LAST TWO in the country at this point! Looks like they're going to be backordered until around September now. So if you want a full system, NOW is the time! ;)

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Update on Akra exhausts: We sold the 2 full systems we received earlier this week, and now have 2 more on the way which appear to be the LAST TWO in the country at this point! Looks like they're going to be backordered until around September now. So if you want a full system, NOW is the time! ;)
You are a wolf in sheep's clothing... despite all the help you provide, you can be truly evil.

I have a replacement avatar for you:

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts