Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Do any of you have aftermarket clipons on your Panigale? Preparing for the coming riding season, I was wondering if I could improve the riding position a bit. I'm looking at Ducabike or Apex GP, both of which will pull back the mounting for the bars a bit, and was wondering if it would interfere with the fairing or the tank. If any of you have experiences with either of them, would you let me know? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
I'm using Woodcraft clip-on's on my racebike. They allow me to do minor adjustments of riding position.

The Apex parts are really nice, and I've had them on other bikes with good success.

One thing to be aware of is that the steering damper on our bikes mount to the stock clip ons - if you change them you'll need to find a way to mount one end of the steering damper - woodcraft makes a bracket for this application.

I'd like to try the Apex bars again - maybe that will be one of the improvements for next season.

-s

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm using Woodcraft clip-on's on my racebike. They allow me to do minor adjustments of riding position.

The Apex parts are really nice, and I've had them on other bikes with good success.

One thing to be aware of is that the steering damper on our bikes mount to the stock clip ons - if you change them you'll need to find a way to mount one end of the steering damper - woodcraft makes a bracket for this application.

I'd like to try the Apex bars again - maybe that will be one of the improvements for next season.

-s
Thank you for your input! And thanks for reminding me about the steering damper, I totally forgot about that detail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts