Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am not really new to the forum, as I have been a member for a couple of months while I tried to figure out what model Panigale I wanted...​
Well, I put down a deposit on a project bike that a local shop made by using the red 899 as a base and adding the 1199R seat cover and CORSE decals / white striping. They also installed the Termi exhaust and with less than 10 miles, it sat on the floor until I came along.​
I am adding the CW fender eliminator, Rizoma rear sets, CRG CF shorty levers, and a CF tank protector. The parts are on order and should be in next week.​
So, I am going in tomorrow to finalize the deal and it will hopefully be ready a week from today. It will be joining my Monster 796, so now I have the task of making room for it!​
I will post pictures once it is complete, however I do have a few that the shop took and one of my current bike...​

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks great Sinjin, welcome to the family (again)! :)
Thanks, Jarel! I was able to get the additional parts at what seems to be near cost or else I would have placed an order with Ducati Omaha.

However, once I get her broken in, I will most likely want to swap out the clutch casing for the magnesium casing, put on a different cover, and I wouldn't mind adding the lightened generator, so I will eventually be shopping for parts again.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
No worries, you should always support your local dealer when you can, keep a good relationship there and it will pay big dividends down the road if/when you need a favor from your dealer!

·
Registered
210 Posts
My M796 and I are similarly waiting patiently (anxiously?) in the wings to make the same jump, congrats on the new bike (and nice 930 in the background ;)).

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My M796 and I are similarly waiting patiently (anxiously?) in the wings to make the same jump, congrats on the new bike (and nice 930 in the background ;)).
Thanks and thanks! I keep the Porsche in storage now... I recently bought a 2014 370Z Nismo and there is only so much room in the garage.

I wish you luck finding yours... are you going to keep your Monster as well?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thanks and thanks! I keep the Porsche in storage now... I recently bought a 2014 370Z Nismo and there is only so much room in the garage.

I wish you luck finding yours... are you going to keep your Monster as well?
No, I'd be trading it. The M796 is a great bike, but I don't see myself riding it much if I get an 899. I'm a weekend rider, so I don't really need the Monster as a daily/city bike. Plus, I found the 899 to be very comfortable, so I don't need the Monster for comfort, either.

I'd love a 930 or 993 911 as a fun toy... sadly, LA is not conducive to owning multiple cars/bikes (or even a home, for that matter).

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
No, I'd be trading it. The M796 is a great bike, but I don't see myself riding it much if I get an 899. I'm a weekend rider, so I don't really need the Monster as a daily/city bike. Plus, I found the 899 to be very comfortable, so I don't need the Monster for comfort, either.

I'd love a 930 or 993 911 as a fun toy... sadly, LA is not conducive to owning multiple cars/bikes (or even a home, for that matter).
I am beginning to feel the pain... I love having multiple 'toys' to choose from, but I just added the 899 to my motorcycle insurance and it went from $644 a year for full coverage on the 796 to nearly $3k for full coverage on both. The 911 and 370Z are $600 each for 6 months.

Advice to all... get an insurance quote before you go to the dealer just in case!

I want to keep the Monster because it is the anniversary edition and I have spent a considerable amount of time and expense on modifications. Plus it will be a nice alternative to ride every once in a while. The 911 never gets out any more. The Nismo is a hoot with 350HP, a 6 speed synch manual, and track ready suspension.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I am beginning to feel the pain... I love having multiple 'toys' to choose from, but I just added the 899 to my motorcycle insurance and it went from $644 a year for full coverage on the 796 to nearly $3k for full coverage on both. The 911 and 370Z are $600 each for 6 months.

Advice to all... get an insurance quote before you go to the dealer just in case!
That's insanity. State Farm quoted me $24 more a year for the 899 over my M796 (full coverage). I am paying almost the same as you for the M796, too. Definitely shop insurance companies...

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's insanity. State Farm quoted me $24 more a year for the 899 over my M796 (full coverage). I am paying almost the same as you for the M796, too. Definitely shop insurance companies...
I plan it, but I wanted to make sure that I had coverage even though they told me I would be ok for 30 days. The last thing I want is my insurance being questioned after the fact!

Allstate was fine up until now...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Completely agree with that approach, I'd do (and did) the same with my Monster the day I picked her up. Switched to State Farm two weeks later.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the monster 796 and panigale 899 combo as well. I kept both because my wife actually bought me quite a few accessories for the monster...needless to say, she gave me a bit of a scowl when I mentioned doing a trade. As it turns out, I am happy I still have both because they are very different to ride. I take a bike to work every so often, so the monster is perfect for that. The 899 is my weekend joy ride bike...although, I still take the monster on the weekend once in a while as well.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Well, I went in this morning to hand over the check and took the bike out for a quick ride. Since I will be having the additional parts installed when they arrive next week, I didn't want to bring her home just yet.

Don't get me wrong... I love the Monster, but I am definitely pleased with the decision I made.

The shop did an awesome job with all the 'R' decals and body work and when they moved it outside the showroom into the sunlight, it was as if none of the other bikes parked around it even existed!

This is going to be one tough week to get through.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
is that Matte Black Panigale S in the background?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sweet bike! Look forward to more pics! Congrats
Hey, thanks. I posted a few to the Red 899 Picture Thread... with the NRC FEK, Rizoma rearsets, and CRG levers installed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.