Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hey I know so far this model ( panigale in general) has not have any issues with the gas tank warpping or bubbling like the older 848, 1098, 1198, and also the aprilia rsv4's, but what I'm getting at is I see that you changed out your gas cap to an aftermarket one. I did the same with my aprilia and was denied of my warranty for a new one cause they said I have an aftermarket gas cap which was BS cause the tank was having issues even before the aftermarket cap. Just look into it

·
Registered
214 Posts
The gas cap is by DP so it shouldn't be a problem. Also, I am wondering why are the rizoma front and rear sliders of a diff colour ? they only have silver for the front and no other colour choice like black to compliment the rear. weird aye ? Bike looking great btw!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The gas cap is by DP so it shouldn't be a problem. Also, I am wondering why are the rizoma front and rear sliders of a diff colour ? they only have silver for the front and no other colour choice like black to compliment the rear. weird aye ? Bike looking great btw!
I think the thinking of rizoma was with the black swing arm they chose black so not too much contrast. The front matches the forks.

Reactions: jumpman

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey I know so far this model ( panigale in general) has not have any issues with the gas tank warpping or bubbling like the older 848, 1098, 1198, and also the aprilia rsv4's, but what I'm getting at is I see that you changed out your gas cap to an aftermarket one. I did the same with my aprilia and was denied of my warranty for a new one cause they said I have an aftermarket gas cap which was BS cause the tank was having issues even before the aftermarket cap. Just look into it
Cap is ducati. It uses all the guts from the stock cap and a pita to install.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Chris. How was the change of filler cap? is it just a question of unscrewing the original and replacing?

The original has no bolts showing like the DP one. Will it be just a quick change for an idiot, like me?
Not a quick change. You have to take the bottom of the old cap and transfer to the new. There's these little nuts that have to be placed underneath and try and line them up and don't let them move. It's a bit tedious. Be careful not to drop any nuts in the tank. Just don't expect it to take 5 min to do. Rainy day mod. Lol

·
Registered
436 Posts
Not a quick change. You have to take the bottom of the old cap and transfer to the new. There's these little nuts that have to be placed underneath and try and line them up and don't let them move. It's a bit tedious. Be careful not to drop any nuts in the tank. Just don't expect it to take 5 min to do. Rainy day mod. Lol
Ha! I'll definitely balls it up then! Looks nice. Quite a bit of cash just for what is just a cap cover. £145 is the cheapest I have found with shipping. I like the DP parts. I went with DP rear sets.....not cheap (new condition £600 off ebay - lucky) but look awesome.
It would be nice to have a twist open filler cap.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ha! I'll definitely balls it up then! Looks nice. Quite a bit of cash just for what is just a cap cover. £145 is the cheapest I have found with shipping. I like the DP parts. I went with DP rear sets.....not cheap (new condition £600 off ebay - lucky) but look awesome.
It would be nice to have a twist open filler cap.
I like the duc stuff. Pricey but quality stuff. My only regret in mods is the comp werkes eliminator. Going to switch to the duc one. What a piece of **** for the money.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.