Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i've heard that the 1199 seat is lower than the 899. Is this true?

If it is then can i install the 1199 seat on my 899?

Thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey guys, i've heard that the 1199 seat is lower than the 899. Is this true?

If it is then can i install the 1199 seat on my 899?

Thanks!
Hi

As Jarelj has said, yes it will fit. I tried the 1199 seat on the 899 the day I ordered mine as I'm not very tall. It did make a slight difference but I've not changed mine as I did notice the 1199 seat seemed much harder and less comfortable (and I'm female so maybe have a little extra 'padding' in the rear so to speak! ;))

It's definitely an option but I'd suggest trying it before deciding as I didn't feel it made a massive difference height wise.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I'm vertically challenged so I bought the performance seat and cut about 1 1/2" of foam out of it to get a lower seat height. I rode about 150 miles on the track this weekend and didn't have any discomfort.

·
Registered
214 Posts
From what I know..the newer batch 1199s have similar seat like the 899. The 'older gen' 1199 have the flatter seat hence having a lower seat height. Correct me if I'm wrong. I am juuuust about 5'4" and I don't feel that much different on both bikes. Perhaps I got used to it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the great input guys… this is really great

I am only 5' 3" and I always have this kind of problem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what kind of problems ? just be confident on your bike..know which leg (or which side of the bike) you want to land on..keep your arms and body relaxed and I am sure you'll be fine.
Another problem im having besides the height is my "short leg" cant reach the kickstand comfortably. It takes some time and effort to get it up or down. Anyonehave this same problem? Did anyone modify their kickstand?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Another problem im having besides the height is my "short leg" cant reach the kickstand comfortably. It takes some time and effort to get it up or down. Anyonehave this same problem? Did anyone modify their kickstand?
I had some trouble with that. Just look at it and make a mental picture of where it is. It just takes a bit of getting use to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.