Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have returned back to an 899 after an 1199, 959. I first had an 899 which I really liked so here I am again.
I’m going back to the basics after having an 1199 with all the fruit and HP that hides all too well my many inadequacies on the track.

Soooooo along comes this crashed 899

Installing:
1199 aluminium tank with painted extension
1299 mag fairing stay
1299 headers no flap with Termi Ti mufflers
DBHolders subframe
M4 calipers & 330mm rotors
Clear brake lines
1199 oem shock Öhlins spring and flat link
1299 oem seat
DP mirror block offs
DP performance rearsets
Front OZ forged 6 spoke wheel
And about 140 Ti bolts to put in
RapidBike Evo
RapidBike shift assist
1299 mag sump
1299 oem slipper with mag side covers
1299 stator and side cover
1299 mag valve covers
New painted fairings
Used bottom triple
Hel brake lines for abs delete

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some progress images

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A bit more

Attachments

Reactions: Panzer and SL748R

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I disabled the Air Injection by trimming the hoses and using chair tips (cheap solution) and I don't mind the look.
I've replaced a couple of kgs of the oem bolts with titanium including the cylinder head plugs.
Hoping to start it today and give the rapidbike a chance to do it's magic and fine-tune the blipper.

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a couple of things to get, lightweight rear wheel and 899 decals.

Attachments

·
Registered
382 Posts
At first glance it looks like an 1199 all over again haha!

Why did you go for the M4's over the stock suspension?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why did you go for the M4's over the stock?
I had the M4 calipers in my spares box left over from my 1098 days so when I decided to delete the abs pump from the system I thought I may as well upgrade the calipers as well. I've only had a couple of runs down the road with the bike so far (track day next Sunday) but the brakes feel great they remind me of the 1098 which I felt had great brakes.
The test will be this weekend at the track and I'll be nervous about all the bits I've fiddled with, I'll be taking the large tool box :)

Reactions: rybo

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
all finished and ready......

except for a lightweight rear wheel let me know if you have one.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are those stock 1199 330mm rotors for the front? What brake pads are you running for the front and rear brakes? What does eliminating the air injection system do for performance?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are those stock 1199 330mm rotors for the front? What brake pads are you running for the front and rear brakes? What does eliminating the air injection system do for performance?
Stock 1199 rotors drilled for the BSB wheel (3 bolts) spacers rings, these wheels have a smaller locating hub.
Using the stock Brembo pads.
Disabling the air injection helps the custom tune, I'm using a RapidBike.

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, yeah feels good but I don't have anything to compare it with been a while since I have ridden a stock one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Stock 1199 rotors drilled for the BSB wheel (3 bolts) spacers rings, these wheels have a smaller locating hub.
Using the stock Brembo pads.
Disabling the air injection helps the custom tune, I'm using a RapidBike.
Thanks for the reply. I'm using the bren tuning flash, I'll have to look into either or not it will help mine run better as well. Im guessing it's for more accurate A/F ratio calculations by the computer. Did you specifically set it up with the rapidbike that you would be removing that system (was there an option in the settings for if you were not removing it)or is it just reccomended by rapidbike in general?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you specifically set it up with the rapidbike that you would be removing that system (was there an option in the settings for if you were not removing it)or is it just reccomended by rapidbike in general?
RapidBike is different from what you have it's a self adaptive system and will make allowances for changes you do, but the rapid bike guys did set up the initial map for how mine is setup regarding the 1299 headers and air injection. What I got from the reading I did initially regarding the AI was it only made a difference with high end dyno tuning which I won't do anyway but I was on a mission to delete everything that wasn't needed.

What other changes have you made to yours Kiley?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts