Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
281 - 296 of 296 Posts
Discussion starter · #283 ·
Ok race fans, hold onto your seats!

THIS BIKE IS NOW FOR SALE!

I have a new project that we'll be working on over the winter with another 899, and that will be my track bike for next year, so this one can go to a new home. The new project is going to be another 2014 899 with an engine build and full Magnetti-Marelli world superbike racing wire harness and electronics, so it doesn't make sense to start that with a bike that's already built. Obviously if you've followed this thread, this bike is pretty well set up with about everyting that can be done to an 899 without cracking the engine cases open. This will be a BARGAIN for someone who wants an ultimate 899 track bike, but it's still an expensive bike, so won't be for just anyone.

To head off some questions beforehand that do not need to be asked:
1) No, I will not sell any parts off of this bike, the entire bike is for sale as a whole. If someone buys the bike, and doesn't want some of the parts that are on it, then at that point those parts will be for sale, but the bike has to be sold first before that will be an option.
2) No, I don't have any of the street parts left, the bike will be delivered in track trim as it sits.
3) The bike has a clean street title from Ducati Omaha, but the bike is NOT in street-legal trim. I would highly recommend not even thinking of turning this back into a street bike, and if you do think about it, please don't ask for any assitance or advice on how to do it. This was built as a track bike from the start and has never been on the street.
4) The bike has no crash damage, has never been down, fallen over in the pits or anything of that sort.
5) You can have the painted/stickered bodywork that is on it, or I'll put a brand new set of unpainted bodywork on it if you'd rather, either way, same cost.
6) It is currently set up for 180-210 lbs. rider in gear, if you are outside that range I will swap in the appropriate fork and shock springs for you at no cost.

I went through and added up all of the parts on it, to replicate this with a new 899 and everything that is on it would be slightly north of $38,000.

I will sell this for $26,000 as it sits including everything, even the AiM Evo4 data logger and SmartyCam HD camera system that is installed on it so you can make the same kind of track videos that I've been making. I added up what the bike is worth in pieces if I were to tear it down, and it's about $28,000 even at used parts prices, so I've priced it to sell without having to do the labor to tear it down. So don't ask if I'll sell it for less, the answer is no, it's priced to sell. You can have everything that is on it. If you don't want all of it, then we can discuss what can be removed feasibly, but I'm only willing to remove a few of the simple things like the logger/camera if you don't want them, I will not remove larger items such as the carbon wheels, so please don't ask. Bottom line is that I've priced to so it can go as a whole and be a BARGAIN for the right buyer who wants the whole enchilada. I can assist with shipping anywhere, or you can come here and pick it up, up to you.

PM or call me at Ducati Omaha if you are seriously interested, 402-408-4400.

Here is a fairly complete list of what is on the bike:
Termignoni full exhaust system
Tune-Boy ECU Reflash/Map
Tune-Boy Downshift Blipper system
Throttle slop spacer kit
Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch
BST Carbon Wheels w/Ceramic Bearings
AFAM RS8-R Billet Sprocket
Catalyst Fiberglass race bodywork
Motoholders Aluminum Subframe
MWR Oversize Ram Air Tubes/Fairing Bracket
AiM Evo4 Data Logger & G-Dash display
SmartyCam GP HD Camera System
Brembo 19x20 master cylinder
Custom stainless front brake lines and ABS bypass
Brembo HP racing rotors
BSD Billet Race Switch RH
BSD Billet Race Switch LH
DP billet rearsets
DP caron heel guards
DP Tall clear racing screen
DP radiator guard
DP quick-release fuel cap
DP magnesium clutch/engine side cover
DP lightweight stator kit
Shorai Lithium battery
Stomp Grip tank pads
DP Carbon Tank Pad
Ohlins adjustable steering damper
1199 Flat-rate rear linkage
DesmoVeloce Ride Height Adjuster
DesmoVeloce billet rear shock mount
Custom Ohlins TTX GP shock
Ohlins TTX25 gas-charged fork cartridges
R&G bar end sliders

Ok race fans, hold onto your seats!

THIS BIKE IS NOW FOR SALE!

I have a new project that we'll be working on over the winter with another 899, and that will be my track bike for next year, so this one can go to a new home. The new project is going to be another 2014 899 with an engine build and full Magnetti-Marelli world superbike racing wire harness and electronics, so it doesn't make sense to start that with a bike that's already built. Obviously if you've followed this thread, this bike is pretty well set up with about everyting that can be done to an 899 without cracking the engine cases open. This will be a BARGAIN for someone who wants an ultimate 899 track bike, but it's still an expensive bike, so won't be for just anyone.

To head off some questions beforehand that do not need to be asked:
1) No, I will not sell any parts off of this bike, the entire bike is for sale as a whole. If someone buys the bike, and doesn't want some of the parts that are on it, then at that point those parts will be for sale, but the bike has to be sold first before that will be an option.
2) No, I don't have any of the street parts left, the bike will be delivered in track trim as it sits.
3) The bike has a clean street title from Ducati Omaha, but the bike is NOT in street-legal trim. I would highly recommend not even thinking of turning this back into a street bike, and if you do think about it, please don't ask for any assitance or advice on how to do it. This was built as a track bike from the start and has never been on the street.
4) The bike has no crash damage, has never been down, fallen over in the pits or anything of that sort.
5) You can have the painted/stickered bodywork that is on it, or I'll put a brand new set of unpainted bodywork on it if you'd rather, either way, same cost.
6) It is currently set up for 180-210 lbs. rider in gear, if you are outside that range I will swap in the appropriate fork and shock springs for you at no cost.

I went through and added up all of the parts on it, to replicate this with a new 899 and everything that is on it would be slightly north of $38,000.

I will sell this for $26,000 as it sits including everything, even the AiM Evo4 data logger and SmartyCam HD camera system that is installed on it so you can make the same kind of track videos that I've been making. I added up what the bike is worth in pieces if I were to tear it down, and it's about $28,000 even at used parts prices, so I've priced it to sell without having to do the labor to tear it down. So don't ask if I'll sell it for less, the answer is no, it's priced to sell. You can have everything that is on it. If you don't want all of it, then we can discuss what can be removed feasibly, but I'm only willing to remove a few of the simple things like the logger/camera if you don't want them, I will not remove larger items such as the carbon wheels, so please don't ask. Bottom line is that I've priced to so it can go as a whole and be a BARGAIN for the right buyer who wants the whole enchilada. I can assist with shipping anywhere, or you can come here and pick it up, up to you.

PM or call me at Ducati Omaha if you are seriously interested, 402-408-4400.

Here is a fairly complete list of what is on the bike:
Termignoni full exhaust system
Tune-Boy ECU Reflash/Map
Tune-Boy Downshift Blipper system
Throttle slop spacer kit
Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch
BST Carbon Wheels w/Ceramic Bearings
AFAM RS8-R Billet Sprocket
Catalyst Fiberglass race bodywork
Motoholders Aluminum Subframe
MWR Oversize Ram Air Tubes/Fairing Bracket
AiM Evo4 Data Logger & G-Dash display
SmartyCam GP HD Camera System
Brembo 19x20 master cylinder
Custom stainless front brake lines and ABS bypass
Brembo HP racing rotors
BSD Billet Race Switch RH
BSD Billet Race Switch LH
DP billet rearsets
DP caron heel guards
DP Tall clear racing screen
DP radiator guard
DP quick-release fuel cap
DP magnesium clutch/engine side cover
DP lightweight stator kit
Shorai Lithium battery
Stomp Grip tank pads
DP Carbon Tank Pad
Ohlins adjustable steering damper
1199 Flat-rate rear linkage
DesmoVeloce Ride Height Adjuster
DesmoVeloce billet rear shock mount
Custom Ohlins TTX GP shock
Ohlins TTX25 gas-charged fork cartridges
R&G bar end sliders
Whats the mileage?

Discussion starter · #286 ·
Change of plans, I decided it makes more sense to just keep this bike as the starting point for the new project rather than selling it. So we're going to strip it completely down and then I'm going to rebuild it from scratch using a whole new set of components, including the Magnetti-Marelli electronics and some prototype suspenion/chassis parts we're working on. So everything on the bike other than the engine and front frame are for sale! See my sale thread here:

http://www.899panigale.org/forum/ducati-899-panigale-parts/15418-899-track-bike-mega-parts-sale.html

Awsome thread. Great job Jarel.
How much weight did you shave off the bike? Looking forward to your next project.

Your 899 Track Bike build is being featured in the BikeBuilds.net
directory here: jarelj's 899 Track Bike build

We’re currently displaying only a reduced-size photo (similar to what you’d find in Google
Images). We'd like to ask for your permission to publish the original full-size image with your
build listing.

If anyone would like to have a build of their own listed, just send me a message with a link to
the build thread and we’ll take care of the rest.

Al

@tannercortes

I too am building a much more stock version of an 899 track bike. A big part of the reason mine is remaining more stock is that it has to comply with the super port rules in my club. For this reason I will be retaining the stock linkage, stock clutch, stock wheels etc throughout the bike.

Feel free to ping me if you have any questions. I should have pictures of the bike tomorrow and a first day track report after 5/1
Hey, it's been a while. Ready for warm weather?
I purchased an Ohlins TTX, had the servos removed, and stack set up for the 899. I assume similar to yours. Can you give me a good starting point for the compression and rebound?
Thanks!

Hey, it's been a while. Ready for warm weather?
I purchased an Ohlins TTX, had the servos removed, and stack set up for the 899. I assume similar to yours. Can you give me a good starting point for the compression and rebound?
Thanks!
Honestly I satrted both right in the middle and moved from there dependent on weather and track conditions. I ended up taking some compression damping out in order to make the bike transfer weight rearward a little better.

For tracks with heavy braking zones I took out just a couple clicks of rebound, but for the flowing circuits I left it about midway through the range.

I am really happy with how the back of my bike turned out. Looking to make some changes to the forks in 2015.

Honestly I satrted both right in the middle and moved from there dependent on weather and track conditions. I ended up taking some compression damping out in order to make the bike transfer weight rearward a little better.

For tracks with heavy braking zones I took out just a couple clicks of rebound, but for the flowing circuits I left it about midway through the range.

I am really happy with how the back of my bike turned out. Looking to make some changes to the forks in 2015.
Thanks. I guess that's as good a place as any.
So what does the reduced rebound do to help in heavy braking applications?

Thanks. I guess that's as good a place as any.
So what does the reduced rebound do to help in heavy braking applications?
Reduced rebound damping in the rear helps in heavy braking by allowing the swing arm to extend a little faster as the weight for the bike transfers forward. This allows the rear tire to maintain contact with the ground.

If you've ever gotten into a corner heavy on the brakes and the back end of the bike felt "floaty" - (my word, but when I experience this its that the back of the bike wanders left and right) - that's a pretty good sign that reduced rebound damping in the rear might help.

Happy Wednesday!

How did you fasten the bracket with the intake?

Hello

Thank you for good posts

On the pictures it looks like duct tape? :)

Bought these myself but are waiting for the parts.

Got a couple upgrades done today before we get ready to load up and head out to Motorsports Park Hastings this weekend:

1) Brembo M50 Monobloc calipers (using 1199 brake lines to retain the ABS) with Performance Friction Carbon Metallic brake pads. I did this because there still aren't racing brake pads available for the 899 calipers from anyone, and it doesn't look like there will be for quite a while, and I was tired of....

2) MWR fairing bracket with oversize ram air intake:
see here - MWR Panigale Large Ram Air Intake Kit | MWR1199INTAKE

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the MWR fairing bracket and ram air piece was a full half pound lighter than what I had on there previously (1.3 lbs. vs. 1.8 lbs.) - so now I'm SURE the bike is under 360 lbs. with no fuel, but I'm not going to bother weighing it again until the 1199 fuel tank gets put on next week.

Here are some progress pics, you can see how I mounted the air temperature sensor in the fiberglass ram air tube:

Discussion starter · #294 ·
Hello

Thank you for good posts

On the pictures it looks like duct tape? :)

Bought these myself but are waiting for the parts.
The tape is just to hold it in place while the fairing is being mounted, it's a slip-fit piece that is held in by the fairing, that allows it to "float" a little bit so it doesn't crack and can accommodate different brands of fairings.

Discussion starter · #296 ·
Where did you mount the SmartCam controller on your bike?
If you have the stock front fairing bracket, you can mount it right on top of that, just under the dash. On my race bike I had it mounted under the seat for a while, and also had it mounted to the side of the bike under the right side fairing next to the ECU.

281 - 296 of 296 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.