Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
That "superleggera" is missing alot of stuff. Where is all the carbon, Akra full system, electronic ohlins suspension etc? All i see is a 899 with the superleggera paint job.

·
Registered
178 Posts
That "superleggera" is missing alot of stuff. Where is all the carbon, Akra full system, electronic ohlins suspension etc? All i see is a 899 with the superleggera paint job.
Actually the Superleggera does not have the electronic Öhlins suspension. My dealer delivered a SL yesterday and during that event the chief engineer from Öhlins was there and talked about the custom suspension project made exclusively for the SL. He was the one that developed the EC dampers and he said he was sad Ducati chosed not to use it in order to save 200 grams in weight :D

·
Registered
436 Posts
Was his bike originally red or white? I still love this paint colour and design and wouldn't care if people thought it was trying to be an SL.....because it would not be.

Sorry to be uncouth, but may I inquire as to the cost of this?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Was his bike originally red or white? I still love this paint colour and design and wouldn't care if people thought it was trying to be an SL.....because it would not be.

Sorry to be uncouth, but may I inquire as to the cost of this?

I agree. The color is beautiful and I woud actually consider it myself. I'm also interested in knowing more about this project.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I paint this color all of the time. Usually the photo chromatic colors end up fading lighter. Have replicated the SL on 3 bikes already.
What exactly does photo chromatic mean? I attempted a google search and it seems like it wants to correct to photochromic.

What is so special about the SL paint?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
What exactly does photo chromatic mean? I attempted a google search and it seems like it wants to correct to photochromic.

What is so special about the SL paint?
It is optimized for being photographed or on TV instead of being seen in person is they way it was explained to me in layman's terms.

Not only does the SL darken with UV, there are evidently inconsistencies just as with any painting process and they begin to develop dark splotches instead of being uniform.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Example

Below is an SL I saw on while on a ride.

Towards the front of the bike you can see the red that is supposed to show up on TV and in Photos.

At the back of the tank, you can see what the orange looks like in person (pretty close to how it really looks).

In person, the paint looked consistent, for some reason my iPhone camera picked up the orange as well as the red.

Reactions: XCLR8TN

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.