Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I got my stock cored exhaust. A lot louder and deeper than stock. 108 DB vs 121 DB @ around 4000 RPM. When I fully break in the bike i'll take some ride by videos at higher RPMs. For reference a full Akri exhaust is 110 db. In the video I never went over 4000 rpm. Sorry for the audio quality, gopros don't seem to catch good audio detail. Make sure to watch in 720 or 1080P!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2EiIb2kPFg&feature=youtu.be

Not a bad way to spend $390 bucks!

The guy who did it: For Sale: stock exhaust core service - Page 3 - Ducati 1199 Forum

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did the same job on my 14 streetfighter s.Made it sound really good.I had too have the bike remapped ,did you remap the 899

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did the same job on my 14 streetfighter s.Made it sound really good.I had too have the bike remapped ,did you remap the 899
Nope but I heard from the guy who does the core service, that if i remap my bike it'll make it a bit louder! For now I'm happy... its border line too loud as is.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And last but not least... threw on some termi decals I had laying around (They are foil decals to withstand the heat).

Yes I realize its not real, but it adds a nice tough lolol! Saved me a ton of money going this route, and have a better sound. Adds a tiny bit of performance which I dont really care about. I dont race and the bike is fast enough as is!

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Dooster,

I really like the look of your bike and the mods you have done. The sound is awesome!

Would you be willing to share what the other mods you have done are?

Thanks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dooster,

I really like the look of your bike and the mods you have done. The sound is awesome!

Would you be willing to share what the other mods you have done are?

Thanks.
Thanks!

- TechSpec Tank Grip Snake Snake Skin
- Home Made Fender Eliminator
- Puig Racing Windscreen Dark Smoke
- Removed rear passanger pegs
- Cored stock exhaust with Termigoni decals

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have just cored my exhaust and love it but it's to loud for the track. As I mainly ride on track I can't use it so if any one is interested in buying it please pm me.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I had PHL do my cans too... He's got 3 levels of coring, mild loud, Akro loud, and insane loud...

I went with Akro loud and was very pleased... I totaled my bike in May and am getting another 899 shortly, this time when I core the cans I'm going with insane loud.

I thought Akro loud would have been a bit louder than I what it was... still not disappointed, but again, next time I'm going as loud as he can get them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had PHL do my cans too... He's got 3 levels of coring, mild loud, Akro loud, and insane loud...

I went with Akro loud and was very pleased... I totaled my bike in May and am getting another 899 shortly, this time when I core the cans I'm going with insane loud.

I thought Akro loud would have been a bit louder than I what it was... still not disappointed, but again, next time I'm going as loud as he can get them.

mark, just FYI, louder is always possible afterwards, i can do that on site or you ride up here (nice roads, Upstate SC).

i just cannot make them quieter.

lots of people who do the mod themselves make the same mistake i did with my very first set. they end up frickin LOUD!

second is, everyone has different levels of hearing/perception of noise... hard to match that on the spot.

glad to hear you considering me for the next bike!
hope the "totaling" was not too bad for you!
cheers!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts