Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I started my clutch today, Was able to install 1199 clutch cover . Its a faily easy job just waiting on 1199 clear front cover.

Apparently the clutch have to be installed in a different order then how its installed on a 899. This is where I may have some issues and have find a research or videos on anyone installing slipper on 899.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

Clutch is in and all tightened up , need some oil and hope to fire her up tomorrow .

I also picked up a set on CNC pegs which I will install and my blip box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
IMG_3716.jpg IMG_3711.jpg IMG_3713.jpg IMG_3712.jpg

Feels great to say project complete :

Single swing arm
Conversation

Slipper clutch

Blip box pro

Mirror deletes

CNC pegs

Termi slip on

New rims

All I need now is some warm weather , all of you who have thought about this mod .
This is much easier then you think !

Thanks all for your comments and suggestions .

·
Registered
294 Posts
Job done, well done :)

Reactions: ahvengeance

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Congrats on completing the project and getting it done with your own efforts.

Now, I am very interested in hearing your impression on how the change to the rear affects the performance and handling of the bike.

Please keep your thread updated with all your insights.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Congrats on completing the project and getting it done with your own efforts.

Now, I am very interested in hearing your impression on how the change to the rear affects the performance and handling of the bike.

Please keep your thread updated with all your insights.

I will assume the single arm wont make much of a difference however looks amazing unless I am wrong.

The slipper clutch and blip box will be fun that's for sure . I am excited to try that out .

Soon as I see some nice weather I hope soon, I will post some videos and my thoughts .

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I will assume the single arm wont make much of a difference however looks amazing unless I am wrong.

The slipper clutch and blip box will be fun that's for sure . I am excited to try that out .

Soon as I see some nice weather I hope soon, I will post some videos and my thoughts .

The position of the 899 swingarm provides a slightly shorter wheelbase than the 1199 and by swapping yours out, you have extended yours a little. The difference you have made is similar to the amount that you can further change the rake on the Panigale R and the Anniversario to that of the stock 1299. The most minute changes will impact how the bike performs and reacts at various speeds.

Besides the fact that I personally do not view the SSSA as an improvement on the looks of the bike, the additional weight and the changes to the geometry are significant reasons why I wouldn't want to do this myself. However, that being said, I am always supportive of those like yourself, that look for ways to personalize their bikes to their own interests.

Regarding the slipper, you will notice those improvements immediately.

I have down shifting on my RR and while it is a nice feature, it isn't something that I particularly miss when I ride the Panigale. I hope that you find it worth your time and expense.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I finally Installed my Blip box , I am officially done and do I love it... I took it out for a ride today however havent riden it for about 4 month so it felt crazy fast.
One thing I did notice was seemed to be strong and more power, I was lifting the front tire in first Second gear if I accelerated the bike quickly, can’t remember that last yr.

I have almost everthing a 1299 has but now a custom rare 899.

officially waiting for summer.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Anyone know what the weight difference between the two swing arms is?
DSSA ~< 23.5
SSSA ~> 24.5

The single sided swing arm is actually a little over a pound heavier.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yo I'm going to shoot you a PM, cuz I'm in the process of the SSSA as well :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Did you get it? Left a visitor message

·
Registered
326 Posts
Well the message still shows, but I'll post here:

Did you use a regular 1199 swingarm or the 1199R?

If you used a regular 1199, did you have to replace the suspension linkage to adjust it?

Since I assume you used the standard 525 chain, you replaced the front sprocket too?

Lastly, what did you do about the rear brake line that was too short?

Thanks again! I have most of the parts, just trying to decide if I can use a regular 1199 swingarm, cuz I found one on eBay for $500 w/ free shipping.

No sir

·
Registered
1 Posts
How bout the other way? What would it take to fit a 899 arm set up on a 1299? I am assuming a arm, wheel, axle. What about the caliper and brake line?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pretty sure the spacing is the same to fit the 899 double sided SA to the 1299

That?s worth checking out before doing it.

Of course, the 899 double SSA will fit the 1199

41 - 60 of 90 Posts