Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

899 Owner from the Philippines

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Jdiego12 
#1 ·
Recently purchased a 2014 14,000 km ex track bike as a trade on an 2013 MV Agusta brutale. Unfortunately, in the Philippines MV is not represented well and have horrendous resale values although they are cracking bikes.

Did the trade after owning the MV for a good one and a half years and i realized once again, i am a sports bike guy. After reading several reviews and opinions that the 899 is not as extreme as a riding position its what sealed the deal for me.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Came with some good bits as an ex track bike, such as CNC racing rear sets, Brake lever guard, and adjustable shock linkage. Also came with an ohlins adjustable steering damper, Termignoni Ti slip on and seems to have cams (although its untuned and quite lurchy at low speeds).

The bike however has been down as evidenced by the repainted tank, broken steering tabs on the lower triple clamp and missing parts (rear cylinder engine cover, Ducati black box holder and seat stay and missing screws)

The bike as pictured is a result of resolving most of these issues and has all the above stated missing parts with some additional items:

Ducati Spacer Throttle kit
Zero Gravity Double bubble wind screen
1199 Magnesium headlight stay (666 grams versus 963grams on the stock AL one)
Heat Shield kit for seat and engine covers
Shorter mirrors
Ohlins ttx (still to be installed)
1199 Stator Mod (still to be installed)

I also have a 2001 748r and a 2001 Honda RC51 SP1. Long live the twins

See less See more
#3 ·
Recently purchased a 2014 14,000 km ex track bike as a trade on an 2013 MV Agusta brutale. Unfortunately, in the Philippines MV is not represented well and have horrendous resale values although they are cracking bikes.

Did the trade after owning the MV for a good one and a half years and i realized once again, i am a sports bike guy. After reading several reviews and opinions that the 899 is not as extreme as a riding position its what sealed the deal for me.

View attachment 41151

Came with some good bits as an ex track bike, such as CNC racing rear sets, Brake lever guard, and adjustable shock linkage. Also came with an ohlins adjustable steering damper, Termignoni Ti slip on and seems to have cams (although its untuned and quite lurchy at low speeds).

The bike however has been down as evidenced by the repainted tank, broken steering tabs on the lower triple clamp and missing parts (rear cylinder engine cover, Ducati black box holder and seat stay and missing screws)

The bike as pictured is a result of resolving most of these issues and has all the above stated missing parts with some additional items:

Ducati Spacer Throttle kit
Zero Gravity Double bubble wind screen
1199 Magnesium headlight stay (666 grams versus 963grams on the stock AL one)
Heat Shield kit for seat and engine covers
Shorter mirrors
Ohlins ttx (still to be installed)
1199 Stator Mod (still to be installed)

I also have a 2001 748r and a 2001 Honda RC51 SP1. Long live the twins
How much you get that for?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.