Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a 2014 14,000 km ex track bike as a trade on an 2013 MV Agusta brutale. Unfortunately, in the Philippines MV is not represented well and have horrendous resale values although they are cracking bikes.

Did the trade after owning the MV for a good one and a half years and i realized once again, i am a sports bike guy. After reading several reviews and opinions that the 899 is not as extreme as a riding position its what sealed the deal for me.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Came with some good bits as an ex track bike, such as CNC racing rear sets, Brake lever guard, and adjustable shock linkage. Also came with an ohlins adjustable steering damper, Termignoni Ti slip on and seems to have cams (although its untuned and quite lurchy at low speeds).

The bike however has been down as evidenced by the repainted tank, broken steering tabs on the lower triple clamp and missing parts (rear cylinder engine cover, Ducati black box holder and seat stay and missing screws)

The bike as pictured is a result of resolving most of these issues and has all the above stated missing parts with some additional items:

Ducati Spacer Throttle kit
Zero Gravity Double bubble wind screen
1199 Magnesium headlight stay (666 grams versus 963grams on the stock AL one)
Heat Shield kit for seat and engine covers
Shorter mirrors
Ohlins ttx (still to be installed)
1199 Stator Mod (still to be installed)

I also have a 2001 748r and a 2001 Honda RC51 SP1. Long live the twins

·
Registered
5 Posts
Recently purchased a 2014 14,000 km ex track bike as a trade on an 2013 MV Agusta brutale. Unfortunately, in the Philippines MV is not represented well and have horrendous resale values although they are cracking bikes.

Did the trade after owning the MV for a good one and a half years and i realized once again, i am a sports bike guy. After reading several reviews and opinions that the 899 is not as extreme as a riding position its what sealed the deal for me.

View attachment 41151

Came with some good bits as an ex track bike, such as CNC racing rear sets, Brake lever guard, and adjustable shock linkage. Also came with an ohlins adjustable steering damper, Termignoni Ti slip on and seems to have cams (although its untuned and quite lurchy at low speeds).

The bike however has been down as evidenced by the repainted tank, broken steering tabs on the lower triple clamp and missing parts (rear cylinder engine cover, Ducati black box holder and seat stay and missing screws)

The bike as pictured is a result of resolving most of these issues and has all the above stated missing parts with some additional items:

Ducati Spacer Throttle kit
Zero Gravity Double bubble wind screen
1199 Magnesium headlight stay (666 grams versus 963grams on the stock AL one)
Heat Shield kit for seat and engine covers
Shorter mirrors
Ohlins ttx (still to be installed)
1199 Stator Mod (still to be installed)

I also have a 2001 748r and a 2001 Honda RC51 SP1. Long live the twins
How much you get that for?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Still quite a bit of money as compared to prices elsewhere in the world. Paid 10k usd for it.
That's a pretty fair price, the Termi exhaust is a big kicker. Those mofos are expensive, plus if it's a track bike the owner probably took pretty good care. Definitely riden hard but that's how it's meant to be ridden.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a pretty fair price, the Termi exhaust is a big kicker. Those mofos are expensive, plus if it's a track bike the owner probably took pretty good care. Definitely riden hard but that's how it's meant to be ridden.
Thanks for that. So far I'm loving it.

I've always been a fan of middle weight bikes. I used to race 400s and 600s in my younger years and have tried liter bikes on the road and on track and what i don't understand is how you can enjoy riding something that you can't properly pin the throttle most of the time. In a straight line there is nothing like the rush of a liter bike but on track unless there is a long straight its hard to justify needing full fat sportbike.

The fun of the 400's and later on when i got more experience on the 600's was that you had to wring its neck which was a big part of the fun for me. You felt you were really getting the value out of the bike. With the 1000's you feel, not good enough as you know there is still a lot more in reserve. I don't know if the newest generation of electronics has changed that as ive never ridden a current model 1000s with a full 6 axis IMU.

Before the purchase i test rode an Aprilia RS660 and although the dash and electronics was really nice, it was just lacking that extra bit of power. If they made it do around 110 to the wheel, that might have been the bike for me.

The 899 is just comfortable enough, more that fast enough to keep you entertained for a long time and with just enough electronics. It may not have the 6 axis IMU of the new ones but then again, I'm not ready to pay that amount for something that immediately depreciates the day you ride it out of the shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts