Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks

So after selling my Street Triple last month. I was hoping to go bike free for the winter, but the introductory offer of free Tremi's were to hard to resist...:) So have just paid a deposit on a shiny new red 899. Hopefully it will arrive in december. Not exactly the ideal time of year to be buying a new bike, specially when you live in North East of Scotland. It will probably spend the first couple of months tucked up in the garage while we wait for the snow to melt.. fingers crossed for a warm dry winter!!!

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Hope you get to have some miles of smiles before the snow!!.. I have managed over 300miles on mine around glasgow sooo far. :-D

congrats!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hope you get to have some miles of smiles before the snow!!.. I have managed over 300miles on mine around glasgow sooo far. :-D

congrats!
Thank's Teeny, I'm super excited and cant wait for it to arrive. How are you getting on with your's? Whats it like in the real world?

·
Registered
328 Posts
welcome to the forum. Although it's not the ideal time to buy a bike, at least you can start modifying it and make it more to your liking in time for the warm weather :)

post some pictures when it arrives.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Hi folks

So after selling my Street Triple last month. I was hoping to go bike free for the winter, but the introductory offer of free Tremi's were to hard to resist...:) So have just paid a deposit on a shiny new red 899. Hopefully it will arrive in december. Not exactly the ideal time of year to be buying a new bike, specially when you live in North East of Scotland. It will probably spend the first couple of months tucked up in the garage while we wait for the snow to melt.. fingers crossed for a warm dry winter!!!

Who was offering the free Termi? Ducati or your dealer.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Who was offering the free Termi? Ducati or your dealer.
Ducati! According to the dealer its an introductory offer that lasts till the end of the year. I was going to wait till spring before I bought it, but free Terri's worth £1500 plus free fitting was to hard to resist.

·
Registered
76 Posts
What!!
I hope I get that deal lol
:D
Ducati! According to the dealer its an introductory offer that lasts till the end of the year. I was going to wait till spring before I bought it, but free Terri's worth £1500 plus free fitting was to hard to resist.

·
Registered
151 Posts
WHAT Free TERMIS, as in FREE... well not free because you need to purchase an 899 LOL. Is this just a Ducati UK thing?

Wheres Euro Cycles of Tampa we need him to confirm if Ducati North America has the same offer...

·
Registered
793 Posts
WHAT Free TERMIS, as in FREE... well not free because you need to purchase an 899 LOL. Is this just a Ducati UK thing?

Wheres Euro Cycles of Tampa we need him to confirm if Ducati North America has the same offer...

My US dealer says no. :mad:

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Yip free termis.... they haven't arrived as yet for my baby... but I have already changed the clear screen to a dark one, had rear bobbins fitted... clear venture shield put over the rear brake lights to protect against stone chips... tail tidy ordered... emmm oh and a trickle charger adapter added....
Over 450 miles on it so far.. loving it!
Got the brakes bled today too at garage.. another fantastic service from them. Feels soo much better having a resistance felt behind the brake lever.. bring on the summer!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
What!:eek::eek:
Where do they give away free termis?
Just UK or all europe (and if, switzerland will for shure be an extra case as always..)?

·
Registered
301 Posts
sweet. you should look at stainless steel braided brake lines once they are available.

thats if the 899 already isnt braided.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yip free termis.... they haven't arrived as yet for my baby... but I have already changed the clear screen to a dark one, had rear bobbins fitted... clear venture shield put over the rear brake lights to protect against stone chips... tail tidy ordered... emmm oh and a trickle charger adapter added....
Over 450 miles on it so far.. loving it!
Got the brakes bled today too at garage.. another fantastic service from them. Feels soo much better having a resistance felt behind the brake lever.. bring on the summer!!!
yea well you better be showing us some pics of the new cans installed ;)

anyone know how similar the Termis on 899 will be to the 1199s?

·
Registered
793 Posts
yea well you better be showing us some pics of the new cans installed ;)

anyone know how similar the Termis on 899 will be to the 1199s?

I think they're pretty much identical. Ducati has a picture of them on it's website under configurator.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I think they're pretty much identical. Ducati has a picture of them on it's website under configurator.
Yup. I've seen it and it doesn't look any different. Doesn't make sense to, why would they. It's best they keep the designs consistent from bike to bike especially with the 1199 and 899

·
Registered
793 Posts
I was wondering how much lighter the Termi was than the stock mufflers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts