Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I'm new to the forum, and making plans to pick up my first Ducati next year. I coming off of a soon to be 7 year riding hiatus next year.

I wanna get an idea of how I can bargin with the sales person whenever I go to visit the two dealerships in my area which both list the white 899 for $15,295

So I was wondering what kind of deals any of your were able to work out? Anything even as simple as getting the dealership to eat the tax?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Doesn't hurt to try. Everywhere I've been it seemed you had to pay full price just to wait a month or two to even get it. No one would negotiate because they were mostly pre sold. But that was when it just came out.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
availability will definitely influence the price... There's only two dealerships in my area that I know of, and both are at least 30-45 min's away (from me). But apparently they both have 'em in stock.
But neither dealership has any competition really...so there's almost no need to price accordingly

i'd be happy with tax [email protected]% in PA, that's about $917....on second thought...i'd go for more

·
Registered
723 Posts
I bought in January in CA so YMMV but I paid $16,995 OTD for a red based on Bakersfield tax rate. IMO, a fair deal for CA at the time. It was a showroom bike with 5 or 6 miles if I recall. The original buyer bailed at the last second and I scooped it up.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what's the tax rate out there? it's close to 9-10% right?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Whatever price u get keep in mind I paid 24000 USD for my red 899 in Sweden :p 15000 here is what u pay for a used 848 lol.
Yes, but the quality of life is so much better in Sweden; here, we have to make up for it with less expensive toys.

Reactions: Warhammer

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I bought in January in CA so YMMV but I paid $16,995 OTD for a red based on Bakersfield tax rate. IMO, a fair deal for CA at the time. It was a showroom bike with 5 or 6 miles if I recall. The original buyer bailed at the last second and I scooped it up.
Did you get an extended warranty, tire protection, or extra parts installed? Or did they hit you with freight and prep on top of MSRP?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Did you get an extended warranty, tire protection, or extra parts installed? Or did they hit you with freight and prep on top of MSRP?
Hit me with the usual BS partial freight and prep. Fact of the matter is though, I called 7 different dealers in CA and I bought from the one who had the best price by $700 at the time!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so these fees are not standardized huh?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
so these fees are not standardized huh?
No, they can vary from dealer to dealer. Prep/uncrate and Freight can run $395 - $595 each. On the other hand, the dealer can combine the two.

There are other fees like document, VIT, and Franchise Tax which are typically passed on to the buyer, but are not state mandated.

Try and get all these removed or work it out so the MSRP is lowered by the amount of the fees combined.

Either way, you will most likely pay close to the MSRP amount on these bikes considering the current demand. If it is a demo with miles, then you could possibly get it less or with an extended warranty thrown in, but then you don't know how it was ridden.

·
Registered
21 Posts
In SoCal, should be no more than MSRP + tax and license. That's how much I got mine for a couple of weeks ago. Don't get taken by the freight and assembly/handling BS fees. Of course, better if you can get it for less.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
In SoCal, should be no more than MSRP + tax and license. That's how much I got mine for a couple of weeks ago. Don't get taken by the freight and assembly/handling BS fees. Of course, better if you can get it for less.
Hmmm. I agree but 92GTA is in Bakersfield, so I don't know what that is about.

I actually got mine less than MSRP, parts nearly at cost, and am paying for only half the amount of labor it will take to complete the bike. I consider this quite rare...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.