Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi ya'll,
I was wondering if the 899 comes with dayrunning lights ?
If you are asking if the 899 has LED daytime running lights like the newer Audi's the answer is no. The low beams are always on (on US 899's -I'm not sure about European models - On my '93 GSXR750 from Europe I could turn off the headlights).

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are asking if the 899 has LED daytime running lights like the newer Audi's the answer is no. The low beams are always on (on US 899's -I'm not sure about European models - On my '93 GSXR750 from Europe I could turn off the headlights).
Thanks man .

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
There is a set of running lights toward the center of the cluster that come on regardless of the headlights being on at all. They certainly look like LED running lights to me. They are not connected to the low beams and are on even if your headlights (high and low) are shut off (like ignition on only). I think you can see them in a pic I posted on the red 899 picture thread.

Edit: look at the center here, the headlights are off and there is a row of LED looking lights on both sides. I can get a clearer pic if you want.
http://s843.photobucket.com/user/am_i_awake_yet/media/IMG_0323_zps59fcd661.jpg.html

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a set of running lights toward the center of the cluster that come on regardless of the headlights being on at all. They certainly look like LED running lights to me. They are not connected to the low beams and are on even if your headlights (high and low) are shut off (like ignition on only). I think you can see them in a pic I posted on the red 899 picture thread.

Edit: look at the center here, the headlights are off and there is a row of LED looking lights on both sides. I can get a clearer pic if you want.
IMG_0323_zps59fcd661.jpg Photo by am_i_awake_yet | Photobucket
Yeah I can definitely see them on this picture...and I bed they can be seen pretty good from a distance . That's the good think about LED's ...they shine regardless of the distance . Thanks for clarifying this for me

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
yes, they had DRL, and they're LED...just just not like the cars

·
Registered
264 Posts
Both low beams are always on when the engine is running. The LEDs are on when ever the bike it switched on, or they can function as parking lights when the key is removed.

·
Registered
306 Posts
If you are asking if the 899 has LED daytime running lights like the newer Audi's the answer is no.
This is incorrect!
As already mentioned by others the 899 DOES have DRL's and yes they can function as park lights and remain on when the ignition key is removed. Just push the high bean lever down when the engine is off and then remove the key.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts