Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Is there a clear clutch cover out there for the 899? I can only find those for 1199.

Thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
You have to buy the Magnesium Clutch housing from Ducati in order to but the Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover because our clutch cover is a one piece. Its has to be a two piece so you can remove the cover. The 1199 has a two piece and Ducabikes clear clutch kit will work on it and ours if you have the magnesium clutch housing.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yeah pretty much, I ask the parts guy at the dealership and he said it was going to be expensive so it depends how bad you want it. It will look sweet and you will save around 4-5 pounds probably but your gonna drop 1,200 hundred or so.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kinda expensive... but it looks really good! 4-5 pounds is a lot too... will think about it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I did mine for $330 or so. Didn't go with the clear cover because the stock clutch isn't really that good looking. Maybe worth while after installing a slipper clutch. Install was a solid 4 hours (including a lunch break for the sealant to set). If you're paying almost $1200 to save a few pounds, there are better ways although I was very tempted by that clear cover...

·
Registered
127 Posts
I did mine for $330 or so. Didn't go with the clear cover because the stock clutch isn't really that good looking. Maybe worth while after installing a slipper clutch. Install was a solid 4 hours (including a lunch break for the sealant to set). If you're paying almost $1200 to save a few pounds, there are better ways although I was very tempted by that clear cover...

[/QUOTE

How did you get the Magnesium Clutch Cover for $330? That one piece alone is $643. I've mechanically inclined and have done all my own mods on my last two bike but I feel a little more intimidated by the Panigale, how hard is it to change the cover?

·
Registered
322 Posts
How did you get the Magnesium Clutch Cover for $330? That one piece alone is $643. I've mechanically inclined and have done all my own mods on my last two bike but I feel a little more intimidated by the Panigale, how hard is it to change the cover?
I bought the engine side case used from an 1199. I think I actually only paid $150 for it... when I say I paid $330 I meant with the Woodcraft clutch cover, oil filter, oil, and black sealant. As for difficulty it's the same as changing any side case from any Ducati or similar bike, the hardest part is removing the old gasket material.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought the magnesium clutch case from 1199, then I bought new bearing, and clutch control pin, inner pressure ring, clutch pressure plate, clear clutch cover. What else I need to buy? Please let me know🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

1 - 10 of 10 Posts