Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
does anyone know if a 1199 engine fits in a 899
with the double swingarm,899 injection ,mounting of the frame?
i rode both last week an i liked the torque 1199 in the low and midrange
the 899 is less than my old 916 in low and midrange.
the hp of the 899 is oke but that of the 1199 over the top for riding on the road.
i wonne have the best of both worlds.

supertwin:D

·
Registered
104 Posts
hi
does anyone know if a 1199 engine fits in a 899
with the double swingarm,899 injection ,mounting of the frame?
i rode both last week an i liked the torque 1199 in the low and midrange
the 899 is less than my old 916 in low and midrange.
the hp of the 899 is oke but that of the 1199 over the top for riding on the road.
i wonne have the best of both worlds.

supertwin:D
Buy a 1199 and Run in Wet mode ? Or customize a fuel map that can adjust the HP mode and the Throttle response?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Buy a 1199 and Run in Wet mode ? Or customize a fuel map that can adjust the HP mode and the Throttle response?
This man speaks the truth. Just get a 1199 and have a map built to how you want to ride it. It will cost you ALOT less as well.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yes, its plug in and play, bolts all line up perfectly, no changes whatsover required, and Ducati even guarantee that it wont affect your insurance by doing thisand the ECU's have been specially desiged to work with both bikes. Im going to get a Desmosedici engine fitted in my 899 cos Ive been told on a forum thats a direct fit too and also wont affect my insurance (if i dont tell them, but thats ok yer ?).

Anyone know how I can get the same exhaust exits through the tail as the desmo ?

RBW.

(n.b. there may be some sarcasm/untruths in the above post)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Yes it will fit, you'll need the entire engine, including the throttle bodies and all electronics, ECU and complete wiring harness. And then you still might have electronics problems due to sensors, etc.

·
Registered
217 Posts
If cost is in the equation I think maybe buy a 899 and sort the gearing (sprockets) to have the torque feel down low that u want? Not sure if it will work.
I wonder if anyone has tried changing the gearing on the sprockets yet. I know my buddy has a 2013 kawi zx636 with TC and they are not able to change the gearing without screwing with the TC

·
Registered
33 Posts
All piss-taking aside, I do think Ducati have kind of stuffed up the 899. I think they should used the longer 1199 crank, because it was not the low torque that made me think the 1199 was too much for the road, it was the berserk top-end. A similar low-end punch to the 1199 with a more modest top-end would make more sense for the roads I ride.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.