Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

899/1199 Integrated Alternating Sequential LED tail light

70K views 197 replies 71 participants last post by  Ge-spot 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I have my compeswerkes integrated unit sitting on my desk. Once the weather turns I can pick up my bike finally and get her installed.

Reactions: Claymore
#9 ·
The price is not confirmed yet, they're still in development, sounds like it might be a little while yet. We're a distributor for Motodynamic and our parts manager just talked to them today, Harry said they're still not positive on the functionality it will have and what the price will be. The Competition Werkes ones are available, and there's actually a group buy going on for them right now on another forum. I don't know if they allow posting links to other forums here, so I won't post it, but if anyone wants it PM me and I'll send it to you.

#12 ·
if you're in contact with them, perhaps you have slightly more sway over how the tails will function than I do, but here are my suggestions:

when turning left without brakes applied:

left side blinks between FULL BRAKE + running lights on and completely off. (yes, even the running lights off) while the right side continues normal operation of running lights on. Vice versa for turning right.

when turning left with brakes applied:

left side blinks between FULL BRAKE + running lights on and completely off. (yes, even the running lights off) while the right side continues normal operation of full brake lights on + running lights on. Vice versa for turning right.

when not turning with brakes applied:

flash both brakes 2x (completely turning off the tail light in between flashes, including turning the running light off) then continues normal operation of full brake lights on + running lights on.

#14 ·
just found out that apparently some countries require amber colored turn signals, so amber LEDs would likely have to be installed, similar to the Competition Werkes, but the same principle I stated above would apply to how they should function

#18 ·
looks great. sub $150 is a great price. I'd pick up it up no problem cause I don't like the fender eliminator kits that add new lights for the turn signals

#19 ·
Just so you know the price is NOT set on these, it's just a placeholder until the product is released and they establish the final price. They said they're not sure yet, the need to get all the production tooling in place and then they'll set the price.

#23 ·
Now if they would hurry up and change the status from "In production" to "Available, give us your $$$".

#25 ·
woah, didn't know you were still around! where ya been?

yeah, that looks pretty good
thanks for keeping us updated

#26 ·
holy crap, all my requests are in the light! They probably thought of the same things i did, so i'm not taking credit, just happy that all my wishes came true with this integrated tail. I'll be one of the first to plop down an order

#30 ·
I'm definitely down for one... but as I asked in my other thread, what do you do about the license plate? Does it also come with a mount for the license plate?

#32 ·
I'm definitely down for one... but as I asked in my other thread, what do you do about the license plate? Does it also come with a mount for the license plate?
I answered you that you need to purchase the tidy / plate holder and the integrated tail light separately.

the tail tidy comes with the plate mount and two indicators that are taped into the tail vents.

the integrated tail light is just that - a brake light with indicators.

If you install them both, you have the plate mount and you substitute the taped indicators for the ones that are inside the integrated unit.

Make sense?

#31 ·
it's very easy to fabricate a bracket for the LP since the footpeg holes are right there

#34 ·
Hey guys, I have liaised with Motodynamic on their release of the integrated lights. They will offer me a discount code in which I will share with you all. Targeted release date is mid April. In the meantime, do list down your interest (just a collective procedure)

1. jumpman

#37 ·
i'm definitely interested

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.